Manchester United youngster Isak Hansen-Aaroen has signed a professional contract with the club.
Hansen-Aaroen signed the contract over the weekend, with the news overshadowed by the Cristiano Ronaldo return.
Hansen-Aaroen celebrated his 17th birthday in late August, just over a year after joining the club from Tromso.
The young midfielder enjoyed a very impressive season for the under-18s in 2020/21.
He stood out with his quality in possession, as an excellent passer and dribbler, and looked far too good for the level.
During pre-season he was promoted to the under-23 squad, although he has yet to feature at all, presumably due to an injury.
United supporters have high hopes for Hansen-Aaroen and the midfielder shares the same ambitions.
Speaking to Norwegian outlet VG in June about whether he would make his debut when he was 18, Hansen-Aaroen responded: “It might be like that. Hopefully it will happen before that time.”
A first team promotion is within the realm of possibility when he looks at the rise of Shola Shoretire over the past year, and United’s need for improvement in central midfield.
To get to that stage Hansen-Aaroen needs to get his under-23 season underway and start putting together a series of performances like he did for the 18s last season.
Now with the security of a professional contract at United, he will be desperate to get back out on the pitch and show what he is capable of.
- Alex Telles shows attacking qualities but also his defensive deficiencies
- Solskjaer hails United fans after EFL Cup exit
- When will Donny van de Beek’s next opportunity come after cup KO?
- Anthony Martial wastes his Manchester United chance
- Jadon Sancho grows in confidence without a cutting edge in United defeat
- Anthony Elanga makes a big impression in a short amount of time
- Solskjaer comments on Edinson Cavani’s fitness
- Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot send messages to Manchester United fans after defeat
- Solskjaer addresses Anthony Martial’s performance
- Manchester United’s three best players against West Ham
- Five things we learned as Manchester United lose 1-0 to West Ham
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v West Ham
- Henderson reportedly set for first United start of the season vs West Ham
- Which Eric Bailly will we see on his first United appearance of the season?
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it