Jadon Sancho to Manchester United is the transfer saga which fans fear will never get done.
Well, to coin a phrase from the Avengers, it appears we are in the Endgame now.
After an Infinity Saga lasting all of last summer which saw United’s transfer hopes for Sancho disappear into dust when Dortmund snapped their fingers on their August 8 deadline, United are back at the negotiating table.
A report from German newspaper Ruhr Nachrichten reports there is movement on the deal. Finally.
Sky Sports says United have made an improved bid worth ‘more than’ £75 million in total with £67 million up front.
Dortmund are said to want £80 million and are weighing up United’s offer.
This one is feeling a lot closer. We have been here before of course, but this summer it seems a little different.
The press in Germany and England are in lockstep, unlike last year where one reports one thing and the other issues a denial.
United should have no desire for this saga to drag on any longer. A quick resolution is better for everybody, including Sancho.
Sancho has yet to play a minute at Euro 2020 over the two opening games, and that’s honestly no bad thing as it keeps his price tag from rising had he set the tournament alight.
While we can’t quite offer any definitive news this deal is done, it is moving in the right direction. That’s something, considering over the past week it had appeared not to move at all.
- Manchester United set to resume training
- Charlie McCann sends message after leaving Manchester United
- United announce Rashford is set for surgery on shoulder injury
- Raphael Varane says goodbye to Real Madrid after agreeing to join United
- Photos: Sancho features as Manchester United officially release new 2021/22 away kit
- Report provides update on United’s Covid situation after Preston friendly is cancelled
- Alejandro Garnacho grabs brace in Manchester United under-18s win over Tottenham
- Laurent Blanc said it was ‘an honour’ to be compared to Raphael Varane
- Logan Pye signs Manchester United pro contract