Yves Bissouma welcomes Cristiano Ronaldo to the Premier League
Premier League midfielder Yves Bissouma has welcomed Cristiano Ronaldo back to England.
The Brighton and Hove Albion ace paid tribute to Ronaldo as an ‘inspiration’ on social media.
Ronaldo’s move from Juventus to Manchester United was confirmed on deadline day.
Bissouma’s message underlines how United’s move for Ronaldo has excited players across the Premier League.
Players will relish sharing the pitch with Ronaldo and testing themselves against him.
Ronaldo’s dedication to the sport on and off the pitch is an attitude many other footballers have tried to emulate.
Bissouma is a top talent himself and only 25-years-old. He impressed against United at Old Trafford earlier this year.
While the midfielder was a player fans would have liked to see sign at Old Trafford to fill a need, there was not any serious interest from United during the now closed summer transfer window.
That may have been an oversight, with the midfield star an affordable and talented option.
United chose not to address the position and will look at midfield next summer and if not January.
It is possible Bissouma could play himself onto the club’s radar between now and then.
Surely he would jump at the chance to play alongside Ronaldo, but, crucially for United, he is unlikely to be the only one attracted by the Red Devils icon.
- Manchester United loanee gets international call despite only 71 minutes action in four months
- Manchester United can take real positive signs from Ajax's two award winners
- Bayern Munich fear wanted star is heading to sign for Manchester United
- Photo: 17-year-old FA Youth Cup winner signs first Manchester United contract
- Paul Pogba would be Manchester United's big loser if transfer deal for Champions League winner is sealed
- Ajax star backs Erik ten Hag for trophies at Manchester United in emotional message
- Paul Pogba drops cryptic 'see you soon' message to Paulo Dybala, who is set to leave Juventus
- Antony suggests he will be available if Erik ten Hag wants him in emotional Ajax video message, Timber comments
- Manchester United send message to Britain's first openly gay footballer since Justin Fashanu
- Report: Manchester United could sign prolific striker for just £51 million
- 5 clubs £40m valued Manchester United man could move to this summer
- Ten Hag issues young player warning after handing debuts to 22nd and 23rd academy players at Ajax
- Erik ten Hag responds when asked about potential Manchester United double deal
- 'He is a giant'… Erik ten Hag says he can't wait to work with Manchester United star
- 21-year-old Manchester United loanee wins fans player of the year