The wait is over. Jadon Sancho has finally been confirmed as a Manchester United player.
United fans have finally got their first glimpse of Sancho in the famous red shirt.
Now the question is; when will we see him wearing it for the first time in a match?
The Athletic say that Sancho will report for United training on Sunday 1 August.
That’s when his England teammates Harry Maguire and Luke Shaw are also due back after their exploits at Euro 2020.
Marcus Rashford won’t come back at that time if he has shoulder surgery – but that hasn’t been fully decided yet.
United only have one more pre-season match after Sancho’s return date.
That’s the friendly against Everton at Old Trafford on Saturday 7 August.
By that time, Sancho will have had a few days of training with his new teammates, as well as an extended rest after the Euros.
In other words, he should be ready to play.
It’s likely Solskjaer will want Sancho to play some part in pre-season, rather than just throwing him in cold against Leeds the week after.
So that Everton game looks like the day when Sancho will make his first appearance as a United player.
First game of the season
United’s first game of the Premier League season is against Leeds United and Sancho is ready.
Sancho told the club website: “I’m excited for the new season, especially as the first game is at home. That’s always a confidence booster – to be in front of your own fans – so it will be nice.”
He added he has warned England teammate and Leeds opponent Kalvin Phillips, “Definitely – I told him to watch out, so he knows!”
The deal has been a long time in the making and it is not long now before we can see Sancho strut his stuff for United at Old Trafford. It feels good to finally be able to say that.
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to fans after penalty miss
- Manchester United’s three best players against Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat
- De Gea and Mata send supportive messages to Bruno Fernandes
- United fans react to Dalot’s substitute appearance in Villa defeat
- Solskjaer comments on VAR, Shaw and Maguire after Villa loss
- Six things we learned as Manchester United lose 1-0 to Aston Villa
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Solskjaer comments on Henderson’s display against West Ham
- Solskjaer backs Sancho to overcome slow start to his United career