Dylan Levitt had a tough time as a second half substitute for 10-man Wales against a vastly superior France and Paul Pogba this past week.
So it was a big vote of confidence for the Manchester United youngster to start in Saturday’s friendly match with Albania.
The game was Wales’ final warm-up game for Euro 2020 and Levitt played all 90 minutes.
Wales drew the match 0-0, with their punch up front missing with Gareth Bale rested and United winger Dan James missing through illness.
Levitt took his chance to impress, with his array of passing catching the eye.
The 20-year-old is still working on his form, fitness, and confidence, after a stop-start season on two different loan spells with Charlton and NK Istra where he played just 14 games.
This made his selection in the Wales squad a little controversial, but Levitt did enough against Albania to show he belonged and deserves a chance to show what he can do.
Levitt probably did not do enough to earn a starting spot for Euro 2020, but he did well to earn the right to play the entire game, and he is clearly in coach Rob Page’s plans.
He sent a message showing he was pleased to be involved and get 90 minutes under his belt.
Wales Online rated Levitt’s performance as a 6/10, writing: “Worked hard in the middle of the park, but couldn’t really stamp his authority on the game. Improved in the second half.”
The reaction of supporters on social media was a lot more positive, with Levitt’s performance praised.
A good showing for Levitt at the Euros could earn him a good loan for 2021/22, and salvage his United hopes in the process after a tough season.
Here is a look at how Wales fans reacted to Levitt’s performance…
- United’s latest bid for Sancho verified but not approved
- McTominay better than Rice says ex United star
- Jadon Sancho to Manchester United: Moving forward?
- Dean Henderson now has perfect chance to reinforce his Manchester United position
- Former Leeds fan favourite spotted wearing Manchester United shirt
- Three reasons Manchester United should avoid Sergio Ramos signing
- Manchester United swapping Pogba for Ronaldo would not solve the main problem
- Manchester United’s Hannibal Mejbri can return from international duty a different player
- Scotland fans go crazy for Scott McTominay after performance against England
- England v Scotland: Two Manchester United stars have scored for Three Lions v Scotland in last 25 years