Manchester United fans react to Donny van de Beek's performance
Donny van de Beek got 45 minutes for Manchester United against Granada on Thursday night.
The Dutchman was a half-time substitute in the Europa League quarter-final second leg, replacing Paul Pogba who was on a yellow card.
This was Van de Beek’s first home Europa League game this season, having missed the previous rounds due to injury.
The Dutchman produced a lively display which might have done enough to earn him more opportunities.
Van de Beek is still adjusting to his teammates, and vice versa. In injury time he played Amad Diallo through on goal with a pass, but the youngster did not quite anticipate it well enough.
The Dutchman was tidy enough. He created one other chance, and had one attempt at goal, while making one successful dribble.
One criticism of Van de Beek in a United shirt when he has played, is that he has been too safe.
Against Granada there was a greater fluidity to his game. He seemed more confident in possession, and more willing to attempt to create chances.
There is a chance Van de Beek may have done enough to earn a start this weekend against Burnley.
Fernandes would have to be rested for this to materialise, but there may be a case to give Van de Beek an hour. He has looked dangerous in his recent appearances and needs playing time.
At the very least, his performance last night has put him in the conversation for the weekend, and will give Solskjaer something to think about.
Here is a look at how United supporters reacted to Van de Beek’s encouraging second half performance…
- 'He's got strong beliefs': Former Manchester United man gives his verdict on Ten Hag and Jesse Lingard's next move
- 'Got that feeling': Marcus Rashford gives a positive insight into Erik ten Hag's first week at Manchester United
- 'No intention': Manchester United receive huge setback in pursuit of 43-time international
- Manchester United set to announce first signing of Erik ten Hag era with first part of medical due to take place today
- 5 possible Cristiano Ronaldo replacements Manchester United could target; featuring former Stuttgart striker and African superstar
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants to quit Manchester United, claim multiple sources
- Why has Manchester United's new home kit launch been delayed?
- Report: 'Fantastic' player still wants to stay at Manchester United despite Erik ten Hag putting him up for sale
- 'I'm absolutely delighted': Dean Henderson speaks out after Manchester United confirm his loan exit
- Report: Manchester United have now made their move to sign 'cultured' player