Jadon Sancho is preparing to join up with his Manchester United teammates next week. The winger will have a huge part to play for the Red Devils this upcoming season.
Sancho is the player United have been waiting for, and his new teammates will be excited to link up with him.
But not everybody will be sticking around. Some of United’s players are on slightly different career paths, pointing towards the exit.
Not staying at United to play alongside Sancho could be a decision they regret. Here is a look at three who could end up wondering what might have been…
Jesse Lingard has played a prominent role in pre-season for United so far, scoring once already. But he is one of United’s most saleable assets after a stunning second half of the season out on loan.
A big decision is due over Lingard’s future, and it will depend what he wants to do.
Lingard and Sancho know each other from the England squad, linking up before the Euros, and they are both entertainers. The duo like to have fun with their football and both playing in attacking roles, they should thrive on and off the pitch linking up with one another.
Paul Pogba and Jadon Sancho know each other already, linking up to film a Pepsi advert earlier in 2021.
Like with Lingard, Sancho can help get the best out of Pogba’s attacking talents with his forward running, willingness to take players on, helping to open space for other players.
Pogba’s future is very uncertain as he has only one year left on his contract, which could force United into a decision. He also has his France international teammate Raphael Varane arriving, which will make it doubly hard to say goodbye.
Striker Anthony Martial is still not back in first team training. Over the weekend more speculation came along linking him with an exit, with The Star claiming United would consider selling him.
Missing out on the chance to play with Sancho would be disappointing for Martial. He could really benefit from playing alongside one of Europe’s top chance creators.
Martial will need to lift his game from last season, where he lacked some of the ruthless finishing he has shown previously. Sancho could bring out the best in him, so it would be a real missed opportunity if he did not get the chance to explore that.
- Is Man Utd vs Villa on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- Solskjaer says de Gea has been smashing personal bests in United’s fitness tests
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s record against Aston Villa
- David de Gea excited by Cristiano Ronaldo’s early impact
- Solskjaer offers update on Cavani ahead of Villa clash
- Aston Villa boss Smith raves about United loanee Axel Tuanzebe
- Manchester United’s top under-23s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United’s top under-18s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22