Seven Manchester United players who will benefit from re-arranged fixtures
Manchester United’s revised fixture list has been confirmed, following the postponement of Sunday’s game with Liverpool amid anti-Glazer protests.
Assuming all of the following matches go ahead, United are in for an insanely busy schedule.
Next week there will be a packed stretch of games, with United playing Aston Villa on Sunday, Leicester on Tuesday, and Liverpool on Thursday.
All after a Europa League semi-final second leg tonight.
- Roma (A) May 6
- Aston Villa (A) May 9
- Leicester (H) May 11
- Liverpool (H) May 13
- Fulham (H) May 18
- Wolves (A) May 23
- Europa League final (?) May 26
This is a chance for United’s squad to really come in handy. Too often, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been reliant on a core group of players.
United have the squad to cope with this stretch, but the challenge will be whether the right combination of players will be selected for the right games.
The five day stretch against Villa, Leicester, and Liverpool is particularly demanding, especially considering the quality of opposition.
There are seven United players in particular who are likely to benefit from the increased need for rotation…
Donny van de Beek
Premier League minutes played this season: 332
These games could be the chances Van de Beek needs to establish himself as a key player for United. Bruno Fernandes will get a rest in a minimum of one of these games, allowing the Dutchman a chance to step in.
Premier League minutes played this season: 512
Telles has had to play second fiddle to a rejuvenated Luke Shaw since he joined. How many of the three league games he plays depends on his involvement against Roma tonight.
Premier League minutes played this season: 0
Amad is still waiting for his Premier League debut and his chance is surely about to come around. With the squad set to be tested to the limit, Amad can provide the spark his teammates need. He has been lively for the under-23s and deserves his chance to step up.
Premier League minutes played this season: 132
Axel Tuanzebe’s only league start this season was the league defeat to Sheffield United. He will be keen to atone for this if he gets the opportunity.
Premier League minutes played this season: 7
This has been a season to forget for Brandon Williams and a loan exit seems likely in the summer. He is the most likely candidate to fill in if Aaron Wan-Bissaka gets a much-needed rest.
Premier League minutes played this season: 338
Mata has not started a league game in 2021. This could soon be about to change. He could have an important rotational role over the next fortnight and will fancy his chances of starting at least one game. It would be a sensible call to get him back involved.
Premier League minutes played this season: 637
Only injury could stop Eric Bailly being involved in these three games over the next week. He could play in two of them, dependent on if he is involved against Roma tonight.
- Rangnick says 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid faces battle to play v Palace
- Rangnick's final XI: Predicted 4-3-3 Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace: 4 changes
- 'He can do everything'… Manchester United target can succeed where Red Devils star has struggled
- Dortmund sacking shows Manchester United have landed a real coup
- Rangnick says Manchester United star will miss training tomorrow and may not play vs Palace
- Dani Alves has given backing to Manchester United target with £340m release clause
- Manchester United still scouting wonderkid three years after Old Trafford trial, 2023 earliest deal possible
- 'It will not be long'… Patrick Kluivert raves about Manchester United linked Antony
- Lingard and Elanga lead reaction as young Manchester United striker announces departure
- Triple sale would be a ruthless way for Erik ten Hag to start Manchester United's summer