Romelu Lukaku's Manchester United tweet will still be a sickener to Chelsea fans
Romelu Lukaku is set to rejoin Chelsea and return to the Premier League.
For Chelsea fans it is a great moment, to bring back a striker many will feel they should never have sold back in 2014.
If there is one thing they will not want to see right now, it is Lukaku’s choice of words upon joining Manchester United in 2017.
Lukaku described Manchester United as ‘the greatest club in the world’. It is a statement Chelsea fans would rather not see, and would prefer Lukaku never made.
Lukaku spent two seasons at Manchester United where he gave it his best shot, but his spell was not really a success.
A promising first season went backwards in his second, and Jose Mourinho was fired midway through.
Lukaku was sold in 2019 to join Inter Milan, where he has enjoyed a more successful time, scoring more goals than he did at United and winning the Serie A title.
Now he will be back in the Premier League attempting to show he is an improved player, rather than just one who looked better by playing in a different league.
He just won’t be doing it for the team he considers to be greatest football club in the world.
- Erik ten Hag explains his Manchester United team selection against Manchester City
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Manchester City: Ten Hag makes one change to side that beat Sheriff
- “Pure talent”: Manchester United ace reacts to Juan Mata making his Galatasaray debut
- 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid produces moment of brilliance and spearheads big win
- Video: Championship star practices Manchester United star Antony's trademark 360 spin skill
- Manchester United star and City ace discussed derby on flight back from international duty
- Erik ten Hag says he's impressed by 'really strong' Manchester United star over international break
- What channel is Manchester City v Manchester United on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Manchester United's 5 best wins against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium
- 4-3-3: Predicted Manchester United XI v City, Ten Hag picks attacker for first start this season
- 17-year-old Manchester United talent scores twice in thumping 6-1 Under-18s win
- Reports: Frenkie de Jong alternative Manchester United tried to sign before Casemiro is now available for £39m
- Manchester United star ranks as Premier League's strongest player on FIFA 23 ahead of Erling Haaland
- Report: Erik ten Hag already weighing up summer swoop to bring 'unbelievable' player to Manchester United
- Report: Lisandro Martinez has now spoken multiple times with his idol about how to succeed at Manchester United