Romelu Lukaku's Manchester United tweet will still be a sickener to Chelsea fans
Romelu Lukaku is set to rejoin Chelsea and return to the Premier League.
For Chelsea fans it is a great moment, to bring back a striker many will feel they should never have sold back in 2014.
If there is one thing they will not want to see right now, it is Lukaku’s choice of words upon joining Manchester United in 2017.
Lukaku described Manchester United as ‘the greatest club in the world’. It is a statement Chelsea fans would rather not see, and would prefer Lukaku never made.
Lukaku spent two seasons at Manchester United where he gave it his best shot, but his spell was not really a success.
A promising first season went backwards in his second, and Jose Mourinho was fired midway through.
Lukaku was sold in 2019 to join Inter Milan, where he has enjoyed a more successful time, scoring more goals than he did at United and winning the Serie A title.
Now he will be back in the Premier League attempting to show he is an improved player, rather than just one who looked better by playing in a different league.
He just won’t be doing it for the team he considers to be greatest football club in the world.
- 'Defenders don't expect it'… Pundit praises 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid
- Manchester United fans have made a real statement to Erik ten Hag
- Frenkie de Jong comments on his best position backs up Erik ten Hag's praise amid United '95%' move reports
- Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford react to Manchester United's FA Youth Cup victory
- Frenkie de Jong's tweet and earlier statement on future shows what a stunner Manchester United move would be
- Manchester United will '95 per cent' sign £65m Barcelona star, says journalist
- Garnacho does Ronaldo's Siuu celebration and then wears Argentina flag after leading United to FA Youth Cup win
- Manchester United 3 Nottingham Forest 1: How the FA Youth Cup final was won
- Erik ten Hag clinches third Eredivisie title as Ajax romp to 5-0 win
- Manchester United Youth Cup regular injured and drops out of starting XI with Louis Jackson stepping up
- Every winner of Manchester United's Jimmy Murphy Award from 1982-2022 after Alejandro Garnacho honoured
- Manchester United XI of signings that got away; including £51m phenomenon and 20-year-old Ecuadorian
- Manchester United fans left waiting on Sir Jim Ratcliffe after Chelsea takeover bid fails
- Ferdinand is wrong, Rangnick is right to expose Manchester United's 'dirty laundry'
- How to watch the FA Youth Cup final, Predicted XI, and how Manchester United got there