Erling Haaland’s future is a talking point in Germany amid Borussia Dortmund’s disappointing season.
Selling Haaland this summer would solve Dortmund’s financial problems.
The prolific Norwegian striker reportedly has a list of clubs he would be interested in joining, and Manchester United are on it.
BILD report United are among the clubs Haaland would consider joining.
Two other Premier League clubs are on the list, Liverpool and Manchester City. The report suggests Haaland would not be interested in Chelsea as he does not see them as a top tier club.
Another club Haaland would shy away from would be Bayern Munich, as he would be put off by the presence of Robert Lewandowski.
So you’re saying there’s a chance…
At this stage this is all United can ask for. It’s just turned March, and if Haaland is considering his future already, that’s a good sign.
Having Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as manager, his former boss at Molde, gives United a hand to sign Haaland – but no guarantees.
United came close to signing Haaland in January 2020 before he chose Dortmund.
This was because Haaland wanted to take a more ‘intermediate’ step in his career and did not want to jump too high, too quickly.
Well, he has shown over the last year that he is up to the task. This season Haaland has scored 27 goals in 27 games for Dortmund.
The BILD report speculates City could be favourites because of their finances.
The MEN reported last night that United are keen on adding a striker, and Solskjaer praised Haaland last week.
However the United boss also warned there may not be big spending this summer. If a move for Haaland is made, United will have to claw some money back with player sales. Dortmund, as we know, are tough negotiators, and only one of he and Jadon Sancho may be available.
- Is Man Utd vs Villa on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- Solskjaer says de Gea has been smashing personal bests in United’s fitness tests
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s record against Aston Villa
- David de Gea excited by Cristiano Ronaldo’s early impact
- Solskjaer offers update on Cavani ahead of Villa clash
- Aston Villa boss Smith raves about United loanee Axel Tuanzebe
- Manchester United’s top under-23s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United’s top under-18s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United have doubts over signing Declan Rice