PSG suffer double injury blow ahead of United clash
Paris Saint-Germain will be without Mauro Icardi once again for their midweek trip to Old Trafford.
Icardi missed the first game in the group stages which United won 2-1 in Paris.
GFFN France report Icardi has been ruled out of the fixture. Last season he scored 20 goals for PSG.
Icardi had come on as a substitute in PSG’s weekend game against Bordeaux. Now he has suffered another setback.
PSG will also be without Pablo Sarabia. The Spaniard has been a regular over the past two months, scoring two goals and providing four assists this season.
Sarabia was a late substitute when United beat PSG at the start of the group stages.
Both players will miss out, while Julian Draxler will be subject to a late fitness test.
Still plenty to be concerned with
Mauro Icardi would have been PSG’s wildcard. Injuries have restricted him to just two goals this season from five games.
His arrival is one of the reasons Edinson Cavani felt pushed out of the club.
The United forward will be determined to prove a point against his former employers this week.
PSG still have the almost priceless pair of Kylian Mbappe and Neymar up front, who will pose plenty of problems for United’s defence.
This time United have Harry Maguire available, who missed the game in Paris with an injury.
United have question marks heading into the game over David de Gea, Alex Telles, while Axel Tuanzebe is suspended.
Champions League group stage fixtures
- PSG (A)
United win 2-1: Fernandes, Rashford
- RB Leipzig (H)
United win 5-0: Greenwood, Rashford (3), Martial
- Istanbul Basaksehir (A)
United lose 2-1: Martial
- Istanbul Basaksehir (H)
United win 4-1: Fernandes (2), Rashford, James
- PSG (H)
United lose 3-1: Rashford
- RB Leipzig (A)
United lose 3-2: Fernandes, Pogba
- Report: Manchester United agree add-ons to take transfer fee to £19m
- 'Horrific'… Gary Neville issues transfer warning as Manchester United risk losing target to rivals
- A fake overhaul: Murtough and Arnold are part of Manchester United's problem
- £20m, £25m and £33.7m oversights could haunt Manchester United like £4.5m star
- Report: Ten Hag turned down chance to sign Dutch Champions League winner
- Manchester United technical director scouts target and he produces wondergoal
- 20-year-old Manchester United whizkid's injury blocks potential loan exit
- Manchester United's last 5 opening day defeats: What happened next
- Report: Title-winning 26-year-old right-back valued at £15m on Manchester United's radar