Manchester United thrashed Roma 6-2 in the Europa League by scoring five unanswered goals in the second half.
United have one foot in the final, and next week’s second leg won’t be the intense challenge it looked like being at 2-1 down at half-time.
This means United can field a strong side against Liverpool as opposed to an all-change team to focus on the second leg in Rome.
The game against Liverpool is a tempting one for Solskjaer to field a strong side, with the chance to kill off Jurgen Klopp’s side’s Champions League qualification hopes.
Even so, we are expecting as many as six changes to the starting line up which took on Roma.
Henderson returns: This one can be booked in. Dean Henderson has emerged as United’s Premier League goalkeeper, and he will come back in for David de Gea.
Eric Bailly back in: After signing a new contract, Eric Bailly is back in the good books. He will be itching to play again and this is an ideal time for him to return to the line-up.
A chance for Telles: Luke Shaw has been outstanding this season, to Alex Telles’ detriment. Telles deserves an opportunity and this is a good chance for him to make an impression against a top team.
Dan James in: Dan James did not have a great game against Leeds, but he is still more likely to start this game than Amad. It is important to rest Marcus Rashford now, and starting James gives United the chance to do so.
Donny starts: This one isn’t guaranteed. Van de Beek could be benched again, and then start the second leg v Roma instead. Let’s be positive for Donny, and hope Solskjaer gives Bruno Fernandes a rest for this one.
Greenwood back up front: Solskjaer could ask Edinson Cavani to continue his momentum. More likely, the Uruguayan will be rested. Mason Greenwood should get the chance to lead the line.
Who else could be in? It’s possible Nemanja Matic could start, but this could be a mistake against Liverpool. The Serbian is more likely to start the Europa League second leg against Roma.
- Villarreal striker Moreno scores 29th goal of the season ahead of United clash
- Manchester United target Sven Botman produces man of the match performance for Lille
- Dan James returns to Manchester United training
- Who is reported Manchester United target Mauro Arambarri?
- Goalkeepers who have scored for Manchester United
- Anthony Martial returns to first team training
- Three early questions for Manchester United ahead of Europa League final
- Three relegated players Manchester United could try to sign
- Three questions for Manchester United ahead of Fulham game
- Fred sends message after winning first Brazil call since 2018
- It is now clear how important Harry Maguire is for Manchester United