Pereira wants 2021/22 to be the best season of his career so far
Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira spent last season on loan at Lazio.
Pereira is now back at United and played in Sunday’s 2-1 win at Derby to kick off pre-season.
In an interview with Di Marzio, he resolved that next season will be the best of his career so far.
“I hope next season will be the best of my life, I’m working on it,” he said. “Physically and mentally I’m ready to take responsibility on the pitch; I want to play. Maybe in Italy.”
Elsewhere in the interview, Pereira said that he loves Lazio and would consider returning.
But only if he plays regular football. And given how last season panned out, that’s a big if.
In March, it was reported that two other Italian clubs – Napoli and Atalanta – were keen on Pereira.
If he’s keen on a return to Italy, those teams could provide potential destinations.
But another loan wouldn’t really do United any good, unless it’s a last resort having failed to find a buyer.
At 25, Pereira needs to be playing regularly and have a more settled future beyond being loaned out season after season.
It would be a surprise if Pereira had the best season of his life if he’s still a United player by the time the window closes. He simply wouldn’t play enough.
United’s midfield has moved on without him and Pereira now needs a fresh start.
- Only 3 players who started Manchester United's last win at Etihad likely to start under Ten Hag
- Manchester United now have an easy decision to make over £19m star
- Manchester United star doubles down on reason for his superb turnaround in form
- Real Madrid star says Manchester United summer signing “has a lot of quality”
- Rio Ferdinand claims in-form Manchester United man better suited to international football than Premier League