Manchester United need to sell unwanted players to try to raise funds in the transfer window.
Two players who do not appear to have a future at Old Trafford are Andreas Pereira – who last started for the club in February 2020, and Diogo Dalot.
Both players were sent out on loan this past season to Serie A, and had middling campaigns. Dalot’s ended reasonably well after a tough start, while Pereira’s was largely disappointing.
United’s reported interest in Kieran Trippier [The MEN] spells out a bleak future for Dalot at the club.
There is interest in the pair early on, but it’s not really what United are looking for.
Loans won’t cut it
Calciomercato report AC Milan’s first approach for Diogo Dalot will be to seek another loan agreement.
A report circulated by Sport Witness claims Lazio are interested in bringing back Andreas Pereira for another loan. This is subject to new boss Maurizio Sarri signing off on it.
From United’s perspective, there is nothing to gain from sending either player on loan unless it is a last resort.
The only way either move might be acceptable is if there is an obligation to buy as part of the loan.
This would have to enforceable and leave no wiggle room, ensuring United are guaranteed fees at the end of the 2021/22 season.
United can then budget for this, knowing the players’ wages will be off the books then as well as gaining a fee.
Far better would be to get guaranteed money now, and at this early stage United have to be looking to sell.
Loans should only come into the equation if it reaches August and United have been unable to find a buyer.
It really would be a surprise if it were true Lazio wanted to re-sign Pereira after he failed to nail down a starting spot last season.
Lazio had an option to buy as part of this deal set over £20 million, which was too much and won’t be taken up. Any obligation in a future loan deal would have to be less than this.
United are probably looking at £20 million for Dalot and Pereira combined. It’s not great, but its better than having them stay on the books and go on another aimless loan without guaranteed money at the end of it.
- United’s latest bid for Sancho verified but not approved
- McTominay better than Rice says ex United star
- Jadon Sancho to Manchester United: Moving forward?
- Dean Henderson now has perfect chance to reinforce his Manchester United position
- Former Leeds fan favourite spotted wearing Manchester United shirt
- Three reasons Manchester United should avoid Sergio Ramos signing
- Manchester United swapping Pogba for Ronaldo would not solve the main problem
- Manchester United’s Hannibal Mejbri can return from international duty a different player
- Scotland fans go crazy for Scott McTominay after performance against England
- England v Scotland: Two Manchester United stars have scored for Three Lions v Scotland in last 25 years
- PSV midfielder Ibrahim Sangare pictured wearing Manchester United kit