Manchester United loanee Andreas Pereira is wanted by two Italian clubs, according to ESPN.
The 25-year-old is out on loan at Lazio, but they have not decided whether to try and sign the midfielder at the end of the season.
He does have interest from two Serie A rivals though, in the shape of Napoli and Atalanta.
Lazio have an option to buy Pereira in the summer, reportedly worth £22.3 million.
The report claims that the midfielder doesn’t see his future at United next season.
He fears he wouldn’t have the opportunities to get back into the side in his favoured playmaker position.
United have Bruno Fernandes, who plays almost every game when he’s fit.
That’s led to a lack of gametime for Donny van de Beek and meant Jesse Lingard has joined West Ham on loan in search of regular matches.
In truth, it probably makes sense for Pereira to make a clean break from United to try and play more regularly.
United and Atalanta have recently done business over the signing of Amad Diallo, so perhaps that relationship could be used to do a deal for Pereira.
The midfielder has made 22 appearances for Lazio and has clearly made enough of an impression to convince other clubs in the division he can do a job in Serie A.
In the meantime, United’s midfield has moved on and an exit looks the best move for all parties.
- Ralf Rangnick says Manchester United have a ‘great player’ who needs to improve physically
- 'Over the moon': Manchester United wonderkid gives verdict on own performance and club's Champions League chances
- Rangnick praises two Manchester United players including one who is a 'fantastic person'
- 'I lost the ball'… Manchester United star accepts responsibility for role in Young Boys goal
- 'You deserve'… Bruno Fernandes congratulates teammate on making Manchester United debut
- Hargreaves praises 'really sharp' Manchester United youngster who could start for Rangnick this weekend
- 4 Manchester United players who will regret disappointing performances v Young Boys
- 'Love him', 'Class'… Some Manchester United fans react to teenager's performance v Young Boys
- Manchester United youngster matches Carlos Tevez achievement and best is yet to come