Manchester United loanee Andreas Pereira is wanted by two Italian clubs, according to ESPN.
The 25-year-old is out on loan at Lazio, but they have not decided whether to try and sign the midfielder at the end of the season.
He does have interest from two Serie A rivals though, in the shape of Napoli and Atalanta.
Lazio have an option to buy Pereira in the summer, reportedly worth £22.3 million.
The report claims that the midfielder doesn’t see his future at United next season.
He fears he wouldn’t have the opportunities to get back into the side in his favoured playmaker position.
United have Bruno Fernandes, who plays almost every game when he’s fit.
That’s led to a lack of gametime for Donny van de Beek and meant Jesse Lingard has joined West Ham on loan in search of regular matches.
In truth, it probably makes sense for Pereira to make a clean break from United to try and play more regularly.
United and Atalanta have recently done business over the signing of Amad Diallo, so perhaps that relationship could be used to do a deal for Pereira.
The midfielder has made 22 appearances for Lazio and has clearly made enough of an impression to convince other clubs in the division he can do a job in Serie A.
In the meantime, United’s midfield has moved on and an exit looks the best move for all parties.
- Raphael Varane will fly to Manchester to seal United move on Monday
- Manchester United in August: Predicting the transfer deals to come
- United loanee Bernard makes first Hull appearance in 2-0 win over Red Devils U23 side
- Report: Fenerbahce want to sign United midfielder Pereira
- Hull boss McCann delighted to sign Manchester United’s Di’Shon Bernard on loan
- Henderson is excited by United signing Sancho
- United defender Eric Bailly endures mixed day as Ivory Coast exit Olympics
- Marcus Rashford posts long emotional message after decision to undergo surgery
- Di’Shon Bernard signs new long-term contract with Manchester United