Manchester United loanee Andreas Pereira is wanted by two Italian clubs, according to ESPN.
The 25-year-old is out on loan at Lazio, but they have not decided whether to try and sign the midfielder at the end of the season.
He does have interest from two Serie A rivals though, in the shape of Napoli and Atalanta.
Lazio have an option to buy Pereira in the summer, reportedly worth £22.3 million.
The report claims that the midfielder doesn’t see his future at United next season.
He fears he wouldn’t have the opportunities to get back into the side in his favoured playmaker position.
United have Bruno Fernandes, who plays almost every game when he’s fit.
That’s led to a lack of gametime for Donny van de Beek and meant Jesse Lingard has joined West Ham on loan in search of regular matches.
In truth, it probably makes sense for Pereira to make a clean break from United to try and play more regularly.
United and Atalanta have recently done business over the signing of Amad Diallo, so perhaps that relationship could be used to do a deal for Pereira.
The midfielder has made 22 appearances for Lazio and has clearly made enough of an impression to convince other clubs in the division he can do a job in Serie A.
In the meantime, United’s midfield has moved on and an exit looks the best move for all parties.
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans ahead of semi-final second leg
- Ruben Neves should be Manchester United’s number one midfield target
- Manchester United fans react to fixture pile-up
- Brandon Williams is in-demand and a loan move looks essential
- No free pass for Murtough on United transfers as revolution gathers pace
- New Manchester United v Liverpool date set, final fixtures confirmed
- Former United defender Rafael takes aim at both PSG and City after Champions League semi-final
- Elanga included in United’s squad for Roma, James out injured
- Solskjaer admits he still doesn’t know whether Greenwood will be a striker or winger