Manchester United got the better of Manchester City on Sunday to record a third win in a row at The Etihad.
Bruno Fernandes and Luke Shaw scored the goals in a 2-0 win, with United’s defence outstanding in shutting the home side out.
United’s win was all the more impressive considering two key players were missing, Paul Pogba and Edinson Cavani, who were both out injured.
Both Cavani and Pogba were delighted with United’s win and congratulated their teammates on Instagram.
The messages underline the team spirit at United, which was such a key part of the side’s victory.
United are in second place, still 11 behind City, and there should be considerable frustration about having fallen so far back.
That shouldn’t take away from the good feeling of Sunday’s victory, one of United’s best all round performances against City.
It had a similar feeling to a year ago when United beat City 2-0 at Old Trafford, in the last match played in front of supporters.
That was the only thing missing from Sunday’s match, a raucous away end to celebrate the goals.
There was no official update on Pogba or Cavani’s status after the game, but United should be hopeful of getting both players back before the international break.
- Connor McGregor says he wants to buy Manchester United, what is his net worth?
- Gary Neville reacts to reports Ed Woodward has quit Manchester United
- Ed Woodward to quit Manchester United – report
- Luke Shaw delivers passionate message against Super League
- Hung out to dry: Manchester United players deserve our full support
- Jack Kingdon sends message after making Manchester United under-18s debut
- United fans praise Guardiola comments about Super League
- Marcus Rashford expresses discontent towards United’s Super League plans
- Manchester United Supporter’s Trust issue statement after meeting with Prime Minister
- Four benefits of United finally having a full week without a game