Manchester United are into a fourth semi-final in the space of a year after beating Everton in the Carabao Cup.
United were the better team at Goodison Park, although took until the 87th minute to make a breakthrough.
Edinson Cavani scored before Anthony Martial netted another deep into injury time to seal a 2-0 victory.
United assistant boss Mike Phelan sent a message on social media after the win and congratulated the team on the win. He is looking forward to the opportunity ahead.
The semi-final draw has put United up against Manchester City, while Tottenham take on Brentford in the other tie.
It is a one-off tie rather than the two-legged match it was last season, and will take place in early January before the Watford FA Cup game.
Two big games potentially lie ahead, including a likely final up against Mourinho if United get there.
United are unbeaten in the last three matches against City and have won three of the last five, drawing one and losing one.
The loss last season was enough to knock us out of the cup semi-final. January’s game will take place at Old Trafford.
- Denis Irwin gives his verdict on Manchester United's competition for places
- Who is the winger with £67m release clause Manchester United are linked with signing?
- 'Good deal'… Rio Ferdinand gives his verdict on Manchester United star's loan exit
- 'Speed'… Boss says Manchester United 20-year-old's pace crucial to first ever international cap
- Anthony Martial's best 5 moments as a Manchester United player as Sevilla loan exit nears
- Manchester United forward Anthony Martial pictured in Spain ahead of joining Sevilla on loan
- 'There's no downside': Middlesbrough boss plotting Old Trafford win, he's already beaten United
- Crystal Palace and Spanish club want Manchester United star on loan
- Report: Manchester United star linked with loan move to Champions League chasers