Mike Phelan sends message to United fans after quarter-final win
Manchester United are into a fourth semi-final in the space of a year after beating Everton in the Carabao Cup.
United were the better team at Goodison Park, although took until the 87th minute to make a breakthrough.
Edinson Cavani scored before Anthony Martial netted another deep into injury time to seal a 2-0 victory.
United assistant boss Mike Phelan sent a message on social media after the win and congratulated the team on the win. He is looking forward to the opportunity ahead.
The semi-final draw has put United up against Manchester City, while Tottenham take on Brentford in the other tie.
It is a one-off tie rather than the two-legged match it was last season, and will take place in early January before the Watford FA Cup game.
Two big games potentially lie ahead, including a likely final up against Mourinho if United get there.
United are unbeaten in the last three matches against City and have won three of the last five, drawing one and losing one.
The loss last season was enough to knock us out of the cup semi-final. January’s game will take place at Old Trafford.
- 4-2-3-1: Predicted Manchester United XI v Brentford, 4 changes, McTominay dropped
- Photo: Youngster signs Manchester United contract after academy transfer
- Erik ten Hag press conference: Manchester United will make signings before transfer window closes
- 'Will not be available': Ten Hag confirms two Manchester United players will miss Brentford clash through injury
- Report: Manchester United raise £1m transfer target budget to £7m
- Photos: Cristiano Ronaldo features as United officially release new 2022/23 third kit
- Forget Arnautovic, the most ludicrous Manchester United striker link yet has emerged
- Manchester United's possible midfield solution could finally make career-changing breakthrough this weekend
- Report: £63m Manchester United target's fiancee 'desperate' to stay put