Mason Greenwood reacts as Amad seals loan move to Rangers
Amad’s loan move to Rangers could be the big break he is looking for to kickstart his Manchester United career.
Rangers announced the loan move for Amad on Thursday and the young winger could go into their squad for their league match this weekend.
There are high hopes for the young winger, who needs this move to get his season on track after playing just 68 first team minutes so far this campaign.
Amad has made a good impression on his United teammates over the past year, including providing an assist for Mason Greenwood on his first ever Premier League start against Leicester.
Greenwood was one of the United players to wish Amad well at Ibrox, along with fellow youngster Anthony Elanga.
There was also a welcome from Rangers midfielder Charlie McCann, who left United to join the Scottish side on a permanent basis in the summer.
Coup for Rangers
Rangers view the signing as a coup after beating competition from several other clubs.
Ross Wilson, sporting director, told the club website: “Amad and Manchester United had an array of options this window across the Premier League and in Europe, so needless to say, I’m absolutely delighted that we have been able to convince both Manchester United and Amad that Rangers is the perfect place for him to continue to showcase his undoubted and exciting talent.”
The big bonus is Rangers’ Europa League ties with Dortmund, which may have given the side an edge over any lower end Premier League offers or Championship clubs who enquired.
There will be a lot of eyes on Amad, from his teammates to supporters, to see how he fares. Knowing Amad he will probably hit the ground running, but given that he has played just one competitive game this season, he may take a bit of time to get up to full speed.
- Ajax star backs Erik ten Hag for trophies at Manchester United in emotional message
- Paul Pogba drops cryptic 'see you soon' message to Paulo Dybala, who is set to leave Juventus
- Antony suggests he will be available if Erik ten Hag wants him in emotional Ajax video message, Timber comments
- Manchester United send message to Britain's first openly gay footballer since Justin Fashanu
- Report: Manchester United could sign prolific striker for just £51 million
- 5 clubs £40m valued Manchester United man could move to this summer
- Ten Hag issues young player warning after handing debuts to 22nd and 23rd academy players at Ajax
- Erik ten Hag responds when asked about potential Manchester United double deal
- 'He is a giant'… Erik ten Hag says he can't wait to work with Manchester United star