Marcos Rojo is still out injured after leaving United
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was pragmatic when asked about Phil Jones’ fitness earlier this week.
‘How long is a piece of rope?’, Solskjaer asked, in response to a question about when Jones may return.
For now Jones remains on United’s books. That’s not the case for Marcos Rojo, who quit United last month.
Rojo officially left United in February after the transfer window closed, departing on a free transfer to join Boca Juniors.
From United’s perspective it was worth it, to get his wages off the club’s books.
Rojo had not played a match for United since December 2019, and his departure was well overdue.
So how is it going in Argentina?
Not great, unfortunately. Despite being given a hero’s welcome as a big name Argentine international, Rojo is yet to get started.
Rojo got injured in his first training session, and despite the club never officially disclosing his injury, as reported by TNT Sports, he has been out ever since.
Rojo has missed all three of Boca’s league games, and TNT Sports report ‘it is anyone’s guess’ as to when he may make his debut.
Taking a guess themselves, they speculate it could be mid-April when he finally features, in the Copa Libertadores.
The good news for United, is it is no longer our headache any longer.
Injuries derailed Rojo’s career and saw him cease to be regarded as a reliable option.
Phil Jones is heading the same way, although he may not be as easy to shift. Perhaps in the summer there will be a club willing to take a gamble.
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager
- Brazilian press report Antony is keen to leave Ajax, Manchester United make 'concrete proposal'
- An XI of players that has played with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi including 3 former Manchester United stars
- Manchester United loanee gets international call despite only 71 minutes action in four months
- Manchester United can take real positive signs from Ajax's two award winners
- Bayern Munich fear wanted star is heading to sign for Manchester United
- Photo: 17-year-old FA Youth Cup winner signs first Manchester United contract
- Paul Pogba would be Manchester United's big loser if transfer deal for Champions League winner is sealed
- Ajax star backs Erik ten Hag for trophies at Manchester United in emotional message