Ralf Rangnick is set to leave his role at Lokomotiv Moscow to take up the interim manager position at Manchester United, The Athletic report.
Rangnick only took up a consultancy role at the Russian club in the summer.
So how has this move gone down at his club? Well, Lokomotiv do not appear to be able to stand in his way, and nor are they getting too upset about it.
Chairman of the board of directors of Lokomotiv, Alexander Plutnik, was asked about Rangnick’s potential departure. And it seems they are well prepared for the eventuality.
Plutnik told Championat: “Fears that the strategy will not be implemented in the event of Rangnick’s departure? Everything will be fine.”
Lokomotiv are in action against Lazio in the Europa League this evening, and Plutnik added the situation will become clearer afterwards, adding: “Everything after the match.”
Path appears clear for Rangnick to move to United
As a consultant with a title of head of sports and development, it was always likely Rangnick would leave Lokomotiv if a tempting managerial offer came along, and his contract would allow him to do so.
Rangnick has been working at the club since the summer, and has been able to offer his expertise over the past few months.
He also has a ‘team of specialists’ working under him at the Russian club.
They will be able to carry on Rangnick’s work and ensure the direction he has steered them on can be continued, and his advice and strategies carried out.
Lokomotiv are currently in fourth place in the Russian Premier League.
Plutnik did not deny Rangnick’s potential departure to United, or suggest he would look to block it. It seems it is full steam ahead for the German to leave Lokomotiv.
- Michael Carrick praises ‘terrific’ Jadon Sancho after Villarreal display
- Manchester United predicted line-up v Chelsea
- German football expert predicts that Sancho will be perfect for Rangnick
- Thomas Tuchel gives his verdict on Ralf Rangnick managing United
- Jurgen Klopp gives his verdict on Manchester United hiring Ralf Rangnick
- Tuchel issues fitness update ahead of Chelsea’s clash against United
- Carrick issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Three RB Leipzig players Ralf Rangnick should sign for Manchester United
- Phelan, McKenna and Carrick all set to work under Rangnick
- Three top priorities for Ralf Rangnick at Manchester United
- Who is Ralf Rangnick’s potential Manchester United assistant manager Lars Kornetka?