Harry Maguire has spoken out on social media after England’s Euro 2020 final defeat.
Maguire sent a powerful message speaking of the togetherness in the England team. He vows the Three Lions will be back.
England lost on penalties after drawing 1-1 after 120 minutes. United star Luke Shaw had netted after just two minutes.
Maguire scored his spot kick in the shootout and managed to break a net camera in the process. His penalty was so pinpoint that it arrowed right into the top corner.
Sadly England’s teammates could not replicate Maguire’s immaculate penalty.
Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, and Bukayo Saka all then missed their penalties.
Former United stars Nicky Butt and Rio Ferdinand have led the calls rallying around the young trio in the aftermath of the shootout.
Maguire’s message speaks volumes too. He says this England team will be back and he means it.
The World Cup takes place in Qatar next year and the core of this England team will be the same.
They will be better, hardened by this agonising failure, and even more determined to win it. Maguire and co did us proud this season, and deserve a brief break before getting on with preparation for the next one.
- Teammates react to 17-year-old’s three assists with Ronaldo comments
- Ethan Laird is one of the Championship’s best dribblers
- Greenwood petrified Villa but he lacked composure at crucial moments
- Varane leadership crucial ahead of first United Champions League start
- Villarreal top striker misses Real Madrid game ahead of United clash
- One bittersweet positive from a terrible day for Manchester United
- 55 shots in two games and 0 goals: Three reasons it’s going wrong for Manchester United
- Bruno Fernandes creates 10 chances in one game: Positives despite penalty miss
- Three changes to Manchester United’s back four looking likely for Villarreal clash
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to fans after penalty miss