Harry Maguire sends message after England Euro 2020 final defeat
Harry Maguire has spoken out on social media after England’s Euro 2020 final defeat.
Maguire sent a powerful message speaking of the togetherness in the England team. He vows the Three Lions will be back.
England lost on penalties after drawing 1-1 after 120 minutes. United star Luke Shaw had netted after just two minutes.
Maguire scored his spot kick in the shootout and managed to break a net camera in the process. His penalty was so pinpoint that it arrowed right into the top corner.
Sadly England’s teammates could not replicate Maguire’s immaculate penalty.
Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, and Bukayo Saka all then missed their penalties.
Former United stars Nicky Butt and Rio Ferdinand have led the calls rallying around the young trio in the aftermath of the shootout.
Maguire’s message speaks volumes too. He says this England team will be back and he means it.
The World Cup takes place in Qatar next year and the core of this England team will be the same.
They will be better, hardened by this agonising failure, and even more determined to win it. Maguire and co did us proud this season, and deserve a brief break before getting on with preparation for the next one.
- Manchester United now have an easy decision to make over £19m star
- Manchester United star doubles down on reason for his superb turnaround in form
- Real Madrid star says Manchester United summer signing “has a lot of quality”
- Rio Ferdinand claims in-form Manchester United man better suited to international football than Premier League
- £46m Manchester United star says he is feeling confident ahead of the World Cup
- 21 direct goal involvements in last 14 games : 23-year-old Manchester United target shines on international stage
- International boss explains why he trialled Manchester United ace in new position and gives verdict on display
- Ralf Rangnick relegated as Austria slump to third defeat in a row
- 'No chance': Manchester United star gutted after 4-1 loss and desperate to avoid relegation
- Barcelona sporting director says Manchester United have made a very good decision