Hannibal Mejbri has been training with Manchester United’s first team this week.
Hannibal returned to action from injury for the under-23s against Spurs in the final week before the break, after a month out of action.
Before his injury, first team boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had announced Hannibal would be training with the first team, but this has had to wait while he worked his way back to fitness.
Now he has been involved with the first team, finally, featuring amid a smaller group due to internationals, while getting to train alongside top stars like Edinson Cavani and Nemanja Matic.
It looks like Hannibal has made a great start, with his post on Instagram claiming to be on the ‘winning team’ in the training session.
Getting a chance to feature as part of this smaller group is a really good opportunity for Hannibal to make an impression, and get to know some of the senior stars better.
This will be just the start of first team involvement for the talented Frenchman, 18, who signed a new contract at United earlier this month.
There is an outside chance Hannibal makes the matchday squad at the weekend when United take on Brighton.
The next under 23 game is against West Ham on Friday 9.
- Which Eric Bailly will we see on his first United appearance of the season?
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it
- Ex United duo Falcao and Bebe combine to net late winner for La Liga side
- Teden Mengi produces captain’s performance in EFL Trophy win
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty record for Manchester United?
- Ethan Galbraith impresses in cameo role to help Doncaster beat City U21s
- What channel is the Man Utd vs West Ham EFL Cup match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Solskjaer says Rashford could return after international break
- Bruno Fernandes’ creative numbers compare well with Paul Pogba despite assist gap
- Lothar Matthaus praises Ronaldo’s Manchester United transfer