Anything Paul Pogba can do…
Well we won’t quite go that far but Fred matched up well to the Frenchman in his latest performance for Brazil.
Fred was making his third successive Copa America start for Brazil and fifth in all competitions.
Brazil have won all five, although this one took a penalty in the 10th minute of injury time to clinch it.
Casemiro’s last gasp goal gave Brazil a 2-1 win over Colombia to maintain their perfect start.
Playing alongside Casemiro has been a big help for Fred. It is allowing his more creative side to come to the fore.
Fred created three goalscoring chances in the win over Colombia, the same number Paul Pogba did against Portugal.
The Manchester United man completed 89 per cent of his passes, touching the ball 86 times.
These numbers were even more impressive considering Fred was substituted on 68 minutes for Lucas Paqueta.
He won four duels, completed two dribbles, and made 10 ball recoveries.
This international stint is shaping up really well for Fred, who had experienced a three year gap without a Selecao call-up before this month.
Fred has established himself as a key starter for Tite’s side, although he may get a rest for their final group game with qualification for the knockout rounds already assured.
- Manchester United set to resume training
- Charlie McCann sends message after leaving Manchester United
- United announce Rashford is set for surgery on shoulder injury
- Raphael Varane says goodbye to Real Madrid after agreeing to join United
- Photos: Sancho features as Manchester United officially release new 2021/22 away kit
- Report provides update on United’s Covid situation after Preston friendly is cancelled
- Alejandro Garnacho grabs brace in Manchester United under-18s win over Tottenham
- Laurent Blanc said it was ‘an honour’ to be compared to Raphael Varane
- Logan Pye signs Manchester United pro contract
- Harry Maguire pictured enjoying holiday abroad
- Sergio Ramos and Marcelo congratulate Raphael Varane on Manchester United move