Manchester United loanee Ethan Galbraith helped Doncaster win their first match of the season this weekend.
Galbraith’s Doncaster battled to a 1-0 home victory over Morecambe to finally get off the mark.
The United youngster was voted as man of the match by supporters after the victory.
Doncaster’s website revealed Galbraith secured 45 per cent of the vote, describing his performance as ‘confident and assured’.
Galbraith, 20, lined up in central midfield and played all 90 minutes.
He had one shot on target, created one chance, and made two interceptions in a strong all round display.
Doncaster are still bottom of the League One table, but now just two points away from being out of the relegation zone.
This victory will at least lift confidence and it was good Doncaster got their first win with Galbraith in the side.
Another United loanee gets first win
James Garner also secured the first victory of his loan spell at the weekend.
Nottingham Forest sacked manager Chris Hughton in midweek, with interim boss Steven Reid taking charge for Saturday’s visit to Huddersfield.
Garner started the game and played all 90 minutes as Forest won their first match of the season 2-0.
The 20-year-old had a solid if unspectacular performance in midfield, creating two goalscoring chances.
Garner’s fate at Forest will be determined by their next manager, and he will have to impress all over again. This performance will help with that.
Hopefully for both Garner and Galbraith, their loan spells will start picking up and victories will be less of a rarity.
- Edinson Cavani sends one word message to Manchester United fans
- Manchester United and Atalanta are polar opposites in one specific category
- Brandon Williams may have to be patient to regain Norwich starting spot
- Lack of Pogba to Ronaldo connection is biggest attacking disappointment
- How Manchester United could line-up v Atalanta in 3-5-2 formation
- Manchester United’s weakened defence have to contain in-form Duvan Zapata
- Marcus Rashford return could help Luke Shaw rediscover best form
- Tielemans dominated United and showed Solskjaer what he needs and lacks
- Bruno Fernandes made most key passes in the Premier League at weekend
- Manchester United’s players ‘lack grit’ says BBC pundit