Luke Shaw’s injury against Everton has provided new Manchester United signing Alex Telles with an opening at left-back.
Telles was pictured training with the squad at Carrington this week ahead of this weekend’s game at home to West Bromwich Albion.
Shaw is not going to just disappear. He is working hard to bounce back as quickly as possible.
The 25-year-old was pictured at Carrington on Thursday as United’s players trained in the gym.
Shaw was joined by defender Eric Bailly, who has also been out dealing with an injury since the last international break.
Bailly should not be far off a return. He was originally expected to be out for just a month.
Bailly appeared in good spirits in training as he shared an image on his Instagram page.
He was also pictured either playing up for the cameras or trying out a new training technique in the squad gym session, putting a resistance band around his head.
Shaw and Bailly are not on the cusp of immediate returns this weekend, but both could be available next month.
With the fixture list set to intensify over the coming weeks, every player will be needed.
- Odion Ighalo extension may look odd, but at the time it made sense
- Pellistri was given glimpse of possible United debut and he must use it as motivation
- Bruno Fernandes nominated for Champions League player of the week
- Manchester United sign Morecambe youngster Jack Kingdon
- Alejandro Garnacho stars in Manchester United under-17 win
- Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford made position changes look easy
- Dylan Levitt’s loan spell is not going too well
- Bruno Fernandes’ value is soaring after another tremendous display
- Marcus Rashford sets Manchester United club record