Marcos Rojo said his goodbyes to Manchester United this week to join Boca Juniors.
Rojo was released from his contract five months early so he could join Boca for free. United have made a small saving on his wages.
The Argentine played a total of 122 games for United, in which he amassed 28 yellow cards but impressively, not a single red.
Rojo sent a message on social media thanking United supporters for the backing he has received since he joined the club back under Louis van Gaal in 2014.
Rojo’s message was ‘liked’ by Bruno Fernandes, Mason Greenwood, Jesse Lingard, Scott McTominay, Edinson Cavani, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, and Ader Herrera, among others.
David de Gea sent his own tribute out to Rojo, thanking him for all his efforts in United’s defence.
Eric Bailly also sent Rojo a message, which read: “Wherever you play, you will always be on my team. Good luck, bro.”
Clearly Rojo was a popular player, which can be seen in the training pictures from last Autumn even when he was not in first team consideration.
Rojo always gave his all and for that reason, he is the type of player United’s stars were glad to have on their team, rather than going up against him.
- It’s easy to see why Harry Kane is reportedly interested in signing for Manchester United
- Phil Jones pictured training for first time in 2021
- Harry Maguire names United’s strongest player and most talented
- Solskjaer says Bailly will definitely not face Granada
- Hannibal Mejbri ineligible for Manchester United Europa League call-up
- United loanee Laird endures tough night in 4-0 defeat
- Noah Solskjaer manages to see through Mourinho in a way the national media can’t
- Three reasons Dusan Vlahovic is an interesting Manchester United strike option
- Paul Pogba injury may have been decisive factor in United’s stalled title charge
- Axel Tuanzebe should start for Manchester United v Granada ahead of Eric Bailly