Marcos Rojo said his goodbyes to Manchester United this week to join Boca Juniors.
Rojo was released from his contract five months early so he could join Boca for free. United have made a small saving on his wages.
The Argentine played a total of 122 games for United, in which he amassed 28 yellow cards but impressively, not a single red.
Rojo sent a message on social media thanking United supporters for the backing he has received since he joined the club back under Louis van Gaal in 2014.
Rojo’s message was ‘liked’ by Bruno Fernandes, Mason Greenwood, Jesse Lingard, Scott McTominay, Edinson Cavani, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, and Ader Herrera, among others.
David de Gea sent his own tribute out to Rojo, thanking him for all his efforts in United’s defence.
Eric Bailly also sent Rojo a message, which read: “Wherever you play, you will always be on my team. Good luck, bro.”
Clearly Rojo was a popular player, which can be seen in the training pictures from last Autumn even when he was not in first team consideration.
Rojo always gave his all and for that reason, he is the type of player United’s stars were glad to have on their team, rather than going up against him.
- Raphael Varane will fly to Manchester to seal United move on Monday
- Manchester United in August: Predicting the transfer deals to come
- United loanee Bernard makes first Hull appearance in 2-0 win over Red Devils U23 side
- Report: Fenerbahce want to sign United midfielder Pereira
- Hull boss McCann delighted to sign Manchester United’s Di’Shon Bernard on loan
- Henderson is excited by United signing Sancho
- United defender Eric Bailly endures mixed day as Ivory Coast exit Olympics
- Marcus Rashford posts long emotional message after decision to undergo surgery
- Di’Shon Bernard signs new long-term contract with Manchester United
- Manchester United set to resume training