Dan James is Manchester United’s man of the moment after scoring in consecutive games.
That hasn’t stopped him paying tribute to another up and coming star who has caught his eye.
James told United’s club website: “
Amad has come in and, as a young lad, he’s been unbelievable in training.
I mean his professionalism [is very good] and he’s settled in straight away, I’d say, do you know what I mean?
We see his quality in training, he has unbelievable feet, but we’ve seen he also presses well and wins the ball back, which is exactly what we want.“
Diallo has already made his first team debut, featuring as a substitute against Real Sociedad last week.
He looked bright in that brief cameo, completing three successful dribbles in a 10 minute spell.
Diallo has plenty more to offer and could feature against Sociedad in the second leg this week, either as a starter or from the bench.
James’ comments on his off ball work are also encouraging, praising Diallo’s pressing.
This is the key quality which will convince Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his staff to give him more playing time.
It can be a risk throwing in a talented youngster if they do not understand the tactical side of the game, no matter how much individual quality they have.
It does not sound as though this will be a major concern for Diallo, based on James’ comments.
- Edinson Cavani’s fitness problems are becoming a little concerning
- Charlie McNeill continues to make a name for himself with another winning goal
- Former United talent Largie Ramazani scores goal from his own half
- Paul Pogba and Edinson Cavani react to Manchester United win
- Dean Henderson has now kept five clean sheets in a row
- Fernandes sends message to Dalot after first league goal for Milan
- Mike Phelan reacts to United’s derby win
- United loanee Tahith Chong provides assist in Club Brugge win
- Harry Maguire raves about Luke Shaw’s performance
- Manchester United fans react to Anthony Martial’s performance