Manchester United needed a goal against Tottenham and up popped Fred to score for the first time in the Premier League since 2018.
Fred’s rare strike was perfectly timed, the equaliser in a 3-1 away victory for United.
It sparked a release of emotion for United’s players, who were frustrated with the wrongly disallowed goal in the first half.
In the celebration, Bruno Fernandes pushed Fred over, in an affectionate way, after the Brazilian rose to his feet after wheeling off towards the cameras.
Fernandes sent a message out last night underlining his love for his teammate.
Fred is a popular player with his United teammates and it is easy to see why, with his tireless energy usually making their lives easier.
He had more touches than any player on the pitch against Tottenham, and it was great to see him get his goal.
Fred was in position to score it after Edinson Cavani’s shot was saved, because he chose to carry on his run after making the pass to the striker.
If he had just stopped and decided his job was done after making the pass, then he would not have been in position to score the rebound.
It was a goal which needed a bit of luck, with the ball bouncing his way, but it was also down to desire too. Sometimes you make your own luck, and that’s what Fred did against Tottenham.
- Could Jadon Sancho end up as Paul Pogba’s replacement?
- Tom Heaton to United would bring his free agent exit full circle after angering Fergie
- Three reasons Manchester United should play Hannibal against Fulham
- Every trophy won by Manchester United
- Manchester United fans are the best, says Solskjaer, as he hopes for lift from crowd return
- Solskjaer says Martial and James not ready to start v Fulham
- Villarreal striker Moreno scores 29th goal of the season ahead of United clash
- Manchester United target Sven Botman produces man of the match performance for Lille
- Dan James returns to Manchester United training
- Who is reported Manchester United target Mauro Arambarri?