Anthony Elanga scores for Sweden’s under-21s
Manchester United wonderkid Anthony Elanga scored for Sweden’s under-21 side last night.
Elanga put the Swedes 3-0 up in a home match against their counterparts from Montenegro in a game which eventually finished 3-1.
The result puts Sweden top of their European Championship qualification group with four matches played.
On a hot streak
Last night’s goal makes it five goals in five games for Sweden’s Under 21 side for Elanga.
He netted a brace in a 2-1 win against the same opposition last month.
Elanga also has three goals in three Premier League 2 matches for United’s Under 23s this term.
His only senior appearance came in the 1-0 EFL Cup loss against West Ham.
But even then, given just 17 minutes to show what he can do, he still impressed the United fans.
Ready for a first team chance
United have so many attacking options that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will find it hard to juggle their gametime and keep everyone happy.
That task has been made harder by United going out of the EFL Cup, and seemingly not looking set to have any Champions League dead rubbers ahead.
It might be that Elanga needs a loan move in January to play regularly and see how long he can keep his hot streak going.
If the performances of Tahith Chong for Birmingham in the Championship are anything to go by, Elanga could be a real asset in the second tier.
Until January, all he can do is carry on scoring when he gets out on the pitch.
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager
- Brazilian press report Antony is keen to leave Ajax, Manchester United make 'concrete proposal'