Amad Diallo is in contention to make his first career start for Atalanta at the weekend.
Calcio Atalanta report the Manchester United bound winger is being considered as a starter for this Sunday’s fixture away to Udinese.
After not featuring all season, Diallo came off the bench in his side’s last two matches, including in the Champions League in midweek.
Diallo now has five substitute appearances to his name for Atalanta in his career. They total just 59 minutes combined, and feature one goal.
He almost scored in midweek, having two efforts saved by the Midtjylland goalkeeper.
Atalanta have a Champions League showdown ahead like United
Atalanta’s focus is on a Wednesday showdown against Ajax. They travel to the Netherlands needing a draw to reach the Champions League.
This increases the need for rotation, and Atalanta are already dealing with a handful of injuries, which led to Diallo getting his chance in the first place.
Calcio Atalanta report that the idea of Diallo starting this weekend is gaining more and more traction.
His performance in midweek was praised by the same outlet, which commended his lack of fear on the big stage.
Manager Gian Piero Gasperini also praised the way he gave the team a ‘leap in quality’ after coming in the second half, via TMW.
Atalanta play six games across the next 17 days and Diallo is now likely to get involved more, having proven himself to his manager.
Diallo is United bound from January
The report notes Diallo will fly to Manchester in January for his scheduled switch to United which was agreed on deadline day in October.
United still need to get his work permit approved. It is a process, but it is expected to be a formality.
Diallo’s recent game time has helped increase expectation upon his potential arrival. He looks a special talent.
He is a raw gem. There is a reason he is not a regular starter for Atalanta yet. But that could be about to change for a brief period before he heads to Old Trafford.
- Five things we learned as Manchester United lose to Sheffield United
- Manchester United pick attack heavy team to face Sheffield United
- Former United star Shinji Kagawa finds new club in Greece
- Solskjaer is ready to build his plans around Amad Diallo
- Who is reported Manchester United target Christoph Baumgartner?
- Odion Ighalo did exactly what he set out to do
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Sheffield United
- Looking back at Anthony Martial’s hat-trick against Sheffield United
- Marcos Rojo has three offers from clubs as he reportedly negotiates United pay-off