Manchester United snapped up two of the world’s best prospects before the transfer deadline with moves for Amad Diallo and Facundo Pellistri.
But how good are they? United will find this out over the next few years. Both players are on long-term contracts, which will hopefully be renewed further if they enjoy success at Old Trafford.
One way to look into the future is through Football Manager. We loaded up a save which runs through to 2031 to see how successful Diallo and Pellistri have been in their ‘virtual careers’.
Now note, this data is from Football Manager 20 rather than the newly released 21, because would take months of gaming to reach 2031. Both players start off at their previous clubs, Atalanta and Penarol, rather than at United.
Destined to play for the same team
By a quirk of fate or even just destiny, Pellistri and Diallo end up at the same side. In this case it is Napoli, rather than Manchester United.
By 2031, both at the age of 29, Pellistri is a Fiorentina player and Diallo still at Napoli, with the pair crossing over for three seasons.
Diallo’s attributes are pretty outstanding. His dribbling ability makes him among the most dangerous players on the game.
Pellistri is worth £18.25 million in 2031 and Diallo a staggering £62 million.
Diallo made a bargain move for Napoli on this save early in his career, for a lot less than the fee United paid. Since then the team clung onto him.
His most prolific season came in 2027/28 in which he scored 15 goals and provided six assists.
This was the beginning of a run in which he scored 36 goals in three seasons.
The key? These were the three seasons he played alongside Pellistri, after the Uruguayan joined the club in a £27.5 million move.
Pellistri did not enjoy quite the same success as Diallo at Napoli. He could not recapture the form he showed at Lille.
His career first took him to Spain with Levante, before spells in France and Italy.
Diallo’s career highlight was leading Napoli to a Serie A and Coppa Italia double in 2026.
Pellistri meanwhile was a runner-up beaten finalist with Uruguay at both the 2022 and 2026 World Cup tournaments.
United have high hopes for these two. There is a lack of quality wing play at Old Trafford which both Pellistri and Diallo can help to fill.
If Diallo is still at United in 2031 and judged at being worth £62 million, the he will have enjoyed a very successful career.
His double trophy success sounds good too. Although hopefully United can speed this up and we won’t have to wait until 2026.
- Amad Diallo’s Manchester United debut is looking more and more likely
- Three Portugal based players Manchester United should be monitoring
- Manchester United said to be keen on Bayern youngster Jamal Musiala
- Lindelof’s Anfield display is all the more impressive after Solskjaer admission
- Phil Neville has a harsh reminder for son Harvey after under-23 defeat
- Pogba hailed by Maguire and Solskjaer after match-winning performance
- Two Manchester United players are becoming cause for concern
- United win first game with Fred and Pogba pivot in 90 minutes since 2019
- Manchester United’s three best players against Fulham
- Solskjaer praises Edinson Cavani and says United must use him more