Alejandro Garnacho scored his fourth goal for Manchester United’s academy in the Premier League Cup in midweek.
The Premier League Cup is a reconfigured academy competition for the under-17 age group, having been under-23s in it’s previous guise until this season.
Garnacho scored in United’s 3-2 win over Everton in midweek, with Charlie McNeill and Omari Forson also on the scoresheet.
Garnacho scored two in the previous match against Wigan, and has one fot the under-18s.
Forson has three goals for the under-18s in addition to his strike in this game, with McNeill also adding to his two u18s goals.
Garnacho’s goal was an impressive individual strike. The youngster picked the ball up on the left wing, before gliding into the penalty area and curling the ball with his right foot into the bottom corner. It was a goal reminiscent of Arjen Robben.
It was also a similar goal to his under-18 strike against Everton, and is quickly becoming a trademark of his.
Garnacho was a summer signing from Atletico Madrid for United’s academy.
At just 16 he is already standing out as a very bright prospect and he could even be pushing for under-23 football by the end of the campaign.
A few more goals like this will do the trick. This was United’s first win in the Premier League Cup, and a match with Burnley will determine whether United qualify from a tightly contested group to reach the knockout stages.
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Liverpool
- Solskjaer praises development of full backs Shaw and Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer has reportedly rejected loan bids for van de Beek, Tuanzebe and Williams
- Cavani is finally bringing success to Manchester United’s number 7 shirt
- Loan for Facundo Pellistri can work if it fast-tracks his United success
- Fred’s late battling shows why he is so important to United
- Mark Lawrenson is expecting Manchester United to beat Liverpool
- Amad Diallo’s Manchester United debut is looking more and more likely
- Three Portugal based players Manchester United should be monitoring