AC Milan are set to make a new offer to Manchester United to try and sign Diogo Dalot.
Fabrizio Romano reports Milan want to sign Dalot on another season long loan.
United reportedly want a sizeable loan fee for Dalot of around £3 million plus.
This might end up being the best offer United get for Dalot from AC Milan, who seem reluctant to offer a fee for a more permanent deal.
The ‘option to buy’ offers United no certainty, which is likely why the club is pushing for a small fee up front.
Dalot spend last season on loan at AC Milan and ended the season strongly, earning a call-up into the Portugal squad for Euro 2020 after a late pull-out.
Milan may be more tempted to pay up next summer and take up the option to buy if Dalot has a successful season.
Next step is Trippier in?
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has never really seemed too convinced by Dalot and it is no surprise to learn United are open to offers.
Dalot’s exit would free up squad space for an arrival at right-back. Kieran Trippier is United’s target here.
United are currently focusing on a move for Raphael Varane, while tying up the paperwork on the Jadon Sancho deal. Trippier will become a priority after that, along with the midfield.
Trippier is currently on a break after Euro 2020, in which he provided the assist for Luke Shaw’s goal in the final.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka is currently United’s first choice and Trippier can provide better competition at right-back than Dalot is currently capable of.
Milan still need to put together an acceptable offer to United, but it feels like this is a case of United holding the door open for Dalot to leave, so that Trippier can join.
- Ralf Rangnick says Manchester United have a ‘great player’ who needs to improve physically
- 'Over the moon': Manchester United wonderkid gives verdict on own performance and club's Champions League chances
- Rangnick praises two Manchester United players including one who is a 'fantastic person'
- 'I lost the ball'… Manchester United star accepts responsibility for role in Young Boys goal
- 'You deserve'… Bruno Fernandes congratulates teammate on making Manchester United debut
- Hargreaves praises 'really sharp' Manchester United youngster who could start for Rangnick this weekend
- 4 Manchester United players who will regret disappointing performances v Young Boys
- 'Love him', 'Class'… Some Manchester United fans react to teenager's performance v Young Boys
- Manchester United youngster matches Carlos Tevez achievement and best is yet to come
- Zidane Iqbal and Charlie Savage send messages after making Manchester United debut