There are several clubs monitoring the situation of Brandon Williams at Manchester United, according to the Athletic.
They report that Southampton are among the sides keen on a loan swoop for the Englishman in January.
Apparently, Williams was open to a temporary switch to St Mary’s during the summer, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer blocked the move.
He assured Williams he is part of his plans and the coming weeks will be crucial when it comes to proving that.
Luke Shaw is out injured, Alex Telles is only just setting in at United and the games are mounting up.
That should mean Williams gets his share of gametime between now and when the transfer window opens.
So far this season, Williams’s only senior action has been 180 minutes in the EFL Cup.
He hasn’t played at all in the Premier League or Champions League, and of course Telles has jumped ahead of him in the pecking order.
The increased competition at left back may mean right-footed Williams is viewed as a right back option this term.
But Solskjaer hasn’t used him there yet this season, with Timothy Fosu-Mensah seeing action against Crystal Palace and Istanbul.
The weeks ahead give Solskjaer ample opportunity to show why he stopped Williams leaving in October.
If his situation doesn’t change all that much between now and 2021, United will need to consider loaning him out to one of the many interested parties.
- Anthony Elanga vows ‘I’ll be back’ after injury
- Solskjaer praises Diallo’s training performances once again
- After Phil Neville lands Inter Miami job, son Harvey provides first United u23 assist
- Hannibal Mejbri shows a touch of class in under-23s defeat
- United fans hope Diallo could feature this week after u23 absence
- Three players Manchester United were lucky to avoid in the summer
- United fans react to Anthony Elanga’s impressive under-23 performance
- Manchester United must fix right wing problem, says Gary Neville
- Rashford and Fernandes need United teammates to step up
- United must give Donny van de Beek a chance to shine against Liverpool next week