There are several clubs monitoring the situation of Brandon Williams at Manchester United, according to the Athletic.
They report that Southampton are among the sides keen on a loan swoop for the Englishman in January.
Apparently, Williams was open to a temporary switch to St Mary’s during the summer, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer blocked the move.
He assured Williams he is part of his plans and the coming weeks will be crucial when it comes to proving that.
Luke Shaw is out injured, Alex Telles is only just setting in at United and the games are mounting up.
That should mean Williams gets his share of gametime between now and when the transfer window opens.
So far this season, Williams’s only senior action has been 180 minutes in the EFL Cup.
He hasn’t played at all in the Premier League or Champions League, and of course Telles has jumped ahead of him in the pecking order.
The increased competition at left back may mean right-footed Williams is viewed as a right back option this term.
But Solskjaer hasn’t used him there yet this season, with Timothy Fosu-Mensah seeing action against Crystal Palace and Istanbul.
The weeks ahead give Solskjaer ample opportunity to show why he stopped Williams leaving in October.
If his situation doesn’t change all that much between now and 2021, United will need to consider loaning him out to one of the many interested parties.
- Mata’s impressed Solskjaer in training: Could he resume van de Beek partnership tonight?
- Manchester United loanee Facundo Pellistri returns to Alaves training after injury
- Solskjaer says United believe Will Fish could be a star
- Three things we want to see in Paul Pogba’s Amazon ‘Pogmentary’
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Granada
- Manchester United fans react to Jude Bellingham’s Champions League performance
- Three key questions as Declan Rice to Manchester United rumours grow stronger
- Brandon Williams will fancy his chances of rare game time for United tonight
- What channel is the Man Utd v Granada Europa League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Manchester United’s TikTok account releases light-hearted Cavani video after Tottenham controversy