Manchester United fans react to Paul Pogba's performance
Manchester United chose not to start Paul Pogba against Norwich. Fortunately we at least brought him along for the ride and named him on the bench.
United needed Pogba in the end, along with a host of big name players who were initially rested for the fixture.
A sloppy and at times casual performance allowed Norwich to hold us to a 1-1 draw, and it took until Harry Maguire’s late winner in extra time to get the goal we craved.
Pogba played a key part in the goal, lofting a delightful ball into the penalty area which created the opening, which eventually saw Anthony Martial square the ball for Maguire to prod home from close range.
Norwich had been hanging on for the lottery of penalties, and with spot-kick specialist Tim Krul in goal and saving everything thrown at him in extra-time, they had a fair chance.
Quality shone through
United’s attackers looked disjointed and tired at times. Ultimately the quality shone through.
Pogba was outstanding. In the 50 minutes he played he managed to create four goalscoring chances.
He also had two shots on target, completed 93 per cent of his passes, and won two tackles.
If he had started the match then United would have won this without many problems.
We have the game against Brighton to prepare for now, and fitness permitting, Pogba has to be a must start.
As good as Fred and Scott McTominay have been, Pogba is showing right now that he is in a different league in terms of ability.
Importantly, he has the focus and determination right now to really prove a point. His season could yet end up with silverware.
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to his performance…
- Chelsea threaten to hijack Manchester United deal for key Ten Hag target by offering two players in exchange
- It's time for Ten Hag to introduce a new ban to Manchester United's players
- 24-year-old Manchester United target is a 'real improvement' on Red Devils star
- Manchester United's next number 7: Dazzling Red Devils target is clear top candidate
- Cristiano Ronaldo won't be the only unhappy player at Manchester United, says Rio Ferdinand
- Manchester United in 'advanced talks' over second midfielder exit after Pereira, deal could be done in 24 hours
- Incoming Manchester United signing is like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, former teammate claimed
- La Liga expert says 'amazing player' will eventually join Manchester United
- £50m asking price for 23-year-old shows Manchester United have struck an absolute bargain