Paul Pogba is back. The Frenchman made his first start for Manchester United since September, and it was worth the wait.
The Frenchman played 79 minutes as United eased to victory over Sheffield United.
His compatriot Anthony Martial stole the show with a hat-trick, as United got back to winning ways.
Pogba started a little slowly and became more dominant as the game went on.
It was a comfortable game for him, with his partnership with Bruno Fernandes clicking, with Nemanja Matic impressive too.
A star is re-born
This was great to watch. We know what Paul Pogba is capable of, we just haven’t seen it regularly enough.
Now the 27-year-old is part of a United attack surrounded by quality, and better equipped to succeed than at any time before.
He really looked to be enjoying his football, and could have scored when he went on a mazy run into the penalty area, before Martial nicked the ball off him.
Pogba created four chances in the win, more than any United player, and touched the ball 89 times in 79 minutes.
Any time you can get a player as Pogba involved this frequently, the team is primed to win the game.
Pogba may be rested for the FA Cup quarter-final at the weekend, with a trip to Brighton in the Premier League following.
Having him available at all is a fantastic option to have. We have missed him badly at times.
Here is a look at how supporters reacted on social media to Pogba’s performance…
- Three reasons why United should consider James Rodriguez move
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Aston Villa
- Solskjaer gives Lindelof fitness update
- A look back at Solskjaer’s comments on Greenwood one year ago
- Manchester United should extend Mason Greenwood’s contract even further
- Bruno Fernandes is enjoying helping Anthony Martial shine
- Be open minded over a potential United move for Nathan Ake
- Incoming United addition Isak Hansen-Aaroen makes professional debut
- Victor Lindelof was not pictured in United training on Monday amid injury worry