Another promising Manchester United goalkeeper continues to pass every test put in front of him.
Jacob Carney agreed a loan deal in January to move to Northern Irish top flight side Portadown.
It’s going pretty well so far. Carney has just been voted player of the month by Portadown fans for February.
The young goalkeeper is just 19-years-old and is racking up senior appearances at senior level.
Last season United sent him out on loan in non-league, where he played for Stockbridge Steels, and in the first half of this campaign at Brighouse Town, where he also won a player of the month award.
United wanted to push him further, and a move to Northern Ireland’s top flight has done that.
Portadown have been struggling for form, but Carney has helped them secure draws in their last two games after a three-game losing streak.
The queue in goal in front of him at United is a big one, but it is expected to thin down this summer, with Sergio Romero and Joel Pereira set to be released, and Lee Grant possibly moving into a coaching role.
Another loan at a higher level probably awaits Carney next season and the experience he has gained already should be a big help.
He has already trained for United’s first team last season, and if he keeps on making a name for himself out on loan, he could get another chance in the summer.
Manchester United loan exits 20/21
- Aliou Traore
SM Caen (season)
- Joel Pereira
Huddersfield Town (season)
- Andreas Pereira
- Diogo Dalot
AC Milan (season)
- Di’Shon Bernard
Salford City (until end of season)
- Jake Carney
- Ethan Laird
MK Dons (Jan to end of season)
- Jesse Lingard
West Ham (Jan to end of season)
- James Garner
Nottingham Forest (Jan to end of season)
- Tahith Chong
Club Brugge (Jan to end of season)
- Facundo Pellistri
Alaves (Jan to end of season)
- Teden Mengi
Derby (Jan to end of season)
- Dylan Levitt
NK Istra (Feb to end of season)
- Ethan Laird told to start scoring goals to take his game to the next level
- Aston Villa suffer double injury blow ahead of Manchester United clash
- Little margin for error as Solskjaer cannot afford Champions League early KO
- Solskjaer urged to make ‘cut throat’ team selections for Manchester United
- Manchester United now have fixture boost for next month’s Tottenham clash
- Teenager Harrison Parker appears to confirm United academy switch on Instagram
- Three Cristiano Ronaldo cup lessons for Manchester United
- Mason Greenwood’s electric impact shows what Anthony Martial is missing
- Alex Telles sends disappointed message to Manchester United fans
- United may have good squad depth but last night’s XI lacked leaders
- Patrice Evra thanks Manchester United as he completes his coaching badges
- Aston Villa fans laud Tuanzebe’s EFL Cup performance