Manchester United clinched the signing of young goalkeeper Radek Vitek back in April.
Vitek signed from Czech club Sigmy Olomouc. Now after a three month wait, he has been pictured training with his new team.
Vitek joined fellow new signings Logan Pye and Joe Hugill in an under-18s session earlier this week.
Pye and Hugill had joined from Sunderland in a double deal, with United strengthening at left-back and up front.
A battle for places in goal
Even though Vitek is a player with high potential who United want to eventually break into the first team, there is competition at under-18 level he must overcome first.
Swedish stopper Johan Guadagno signed for United last summer and he also will be looking to stake a claim for himself.
Northern Ireland youth international Dermot Mee is another young star who also has his eyes on one day claiming Manchester United’s number one spot.
Young Polish goalkeeper Daniel Polokowski was also recently promoted from United’s under-16 squad into the under-18 set up for this coming season.
So in terms of numbers, United certainly did not seem to need Vitek, but signed him anyway.
This could mean the club consider him to be a really special talent who the club could not afford to pass up on.
At under-23 level there are an array of names battling to stand out too, and goalkeeper is one position where United have multiple options.
If Matej Kovar goes out on loan this season, as is expected, there could be a route for one of these talented under-18 goalkeepers to make a step up this year.
- What United would gain and lose by pursuing Coman as Sancho alternative
- Manchester United bound Hansen-Aaroen provides first senior assist
- United academy talent Charlie Wellens could have unique under-23 opportunity
- United youngster D’Mani Mellor says he has torn ACL
- A night made for Dan James sees him left on the bench
- Expensive midfield combination of Fred and Paul Pogba needs work
- Five reasons to be hopeful Jadon Sancho will sign for Manchester United
- Guillermo Varela reacts to defeat to Manchester United
- Manchester United fans react to Harry Maguire’s performance