Hannibal Mejbri's crazy stats from under-23 performance
Hannibal Mejbri’s performance for Manchester United’s under-23 side certainly caught the eye.
Even a late second booking which saw him sent off in the final stages could not take the shine off a wondrous midfield showing.
Hannibal had lined up in central midfield in the EFL Trophy clash against Lincoln City.
United lost the game 3-2, but Hannibal more than delivered on his part, putting in a performance which showed he is ready for first team football.
The number for Hannibal’s performance are highly impressive, with statistics for his performance recorded via SofaScore.
- Hannibal made 116 touches, more than any player on the pitch
- He won 16 duels in total during the game
- Hannibal managed to win four free-kicks
- He completed 87 per cent of his passes
- These included eight of 12 long passes
- Hannibal made five tackles and three interceptions
- Hannibal made seven successful dribbles from eight attempts
Hannibal also provided the assist for Manchester United’s second goal with a pinpoint cross for defender Bjorn Hardley to net his first goal for the club in 31 matches.
This was a performance of a confident young player, only 18, bossing a midfield against senior players.
Hannibal is already a Tunisia international and made his first team debut for United at the end of last season.
This was the first competitive match he has played in the 2021/22 season.
United fans watching Hannibal’s performance lauded him as an ‘absolute genius’ and were left under no illusions that this is a player with the potential to go all the way to the very top.
With United needing fresh central midfield options, Hannibal’s performance could not have been better timed.
While he has played some of his time with the under-23s wide left in a similar role to Paul Pogba’s current position, he can also play the central midfield role highly effectively, as he showed last night.
Providing he stays and is not sent out on loan, United fans could be seeing a lot more of the teenager in 2021/22.
- 21 direct goal involvements in last 14 games : 23-year-old Manchester United target shines on international stage
- International boss explains why he trialled Manchester United ace in new position and gives verdict on display
- Ralf Rangnick relegated as Austria slump to third defeat in a row
- 'No chance': Manchester United star gutted after 4-1 loss and desperate to avoid relegation
- Barcelona sporting director says Manchester United have made a very good decision
- 'World class': Teammate raves over Manchester United star after 'frighteningly good' international performance
- Manchester United receive a favour as international boss learns same lesson as Ten Hag
- 'Whatever we need': £113m star praises Manchester United ace
- 8 Chances Created: Manchester United star produces masterclass in upset international win
- 'Disaster': Player released from Manchester United last summer leaps to the defence of former teammate
- 18-year-old Manchester United whizkid who's trained with first team scores first youth international goal
- Cristiano Ronaldo has been helping Manchester United teammate improve a specific aspect of his game
- Manchester United could pursue 45-cap international if club makes big decision on Ten Hag regular
- Manchester United man ruled out of crucial international clash through suspension
- Former Manchester United captain hopes Red Devils sign 20-year-old who could have been signed for £4.5m