Manchester United youngster Bjorn Hardley scored his first goal for the club’s academy last night.
Hardley scored a header in the 3-2 under-23 defeat to Lincoln City in the EFL Trophy.
The centre-back powered home a cross from Hannibal, who had been terrific on the night.
Hardley sent a message out after the game, reflecting on the loss, and his first goal.
Hardley was playing in his 31st game for United’s academy teams since his move from NAC Breda in 2019.
27 of those games have been for United’s under-18 side, and this match was his fourth appearance for the under-23s.
Hardley has an important role for United’s under-23s this season after stepping up.
Will Fish and Di’Shon Bernard have been sent out on loan, and Teden Mengi is expected to follow, leaving United light on centre-backs.
This was his first EFL Trophy game, a new experience playing up against senior sides, and a lesson to learn from.
United’s defence was caught out three times by Lincoln striker Anthony Scully, who was too sharp, netting twice with his feet and once with his head.
- Harry Maguire reacts to United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Manchester United’s three worst players against Liverpool
- Sir Alex Ferguson fumes as Manchester United hammered by Liverpool
- Six things we learned as Manchester United lose 5-0 to Liverpool
- Rio Ferdinand reacts to Manchester United’s meltdown v Liverpool
- Solskjaer issues fitness update on Varane and Martial
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v Liverpool
- Loanee Ethan Galbraith impresses with assist in rare win
- United need Maguire to produce captain’s performance against Liverpool
- Luke Shaw will have to be at his best to nullify Mohamed Salah threat
- Rashford will be looking to maintain his goalscoring return against Liverpool
- What channel is Man United v Liverpool on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Mike Phelan sends rallying cry to Manchester United fans
- Brandon Williams plays first game in four weeks and it ends badly
- Zach Giggs plays in Manchester United under-18 win