Manchester United youngster Bjorn Hardley scored his first goal for the club’s academy last night.
Hardley scored a header in the 3-2 under-23 defeat to Lincoln City in the EFL Trophy.
The centre-back powered home a cross from Hannibal, who had been terrific on the night.
Hardley sent a message out after the game, reflecting on the loss, and his first goal.
Hardley was playing in his 31st game for United’s academy teams since his move from NAC Breda in 2019.
27 of those games have been for United’s under-18 side, and this match was his fourth appearance for the under-23s.
Hardley has an important role for United’s under-23s this season after stepping up.
Will Fish and Di’Shon Bernard have been sent out on loan, and Teden Mengi is expected to follow, leaving United light on centre-backs.
This was his first EFL Trophy game, a new experience playing up against senior sides, and a lesson to learn from.
United’s defence was caught out three times by Lincoln striker Anthony Scully, who was too sharp, netting twice with his feet and once with his head.
- Marcel Sabitzer’s record against British teams explored and why the Austrian could be a lucky charm vs Barcelona
- Will Martin Dubravka be awarded a winner’s medal if Manchester United win the Carabao Cup?
- Marcel Sabitzer has scored more club career goals than Anthony Martial
- Report: Mason Greenwood considers China career move
- Jadon Sancho breaks three month social media silence with message to Manchester United fans
- Jadon Sancho has just solved a Manchester United squad dilemma
- Five reasons Marcel Sabitzer is a fantastic signing for Manchester United
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace
- Erik ten Hag is now personally tracking the progress of Eredivisie midfielder Taylor Booth
- Paul Merson gets it wrong over Sabitzer again and predicts Manchester United could drop points v Crystal Palace
- Why Bruno Guimaraes will be available to face Manchester United in Carabao Cup final
- Erik ten Hag responds to Mason Greenwood questions in press conference
- Erik ten Hag gives verdict on Marcel Sabitzer’s chances of facing Crystal Palace
- Marcus Rashford’s FIFA 23 Player of the Month Card: Rating, How to get it
- Marcel Sabitzer pictured training for Manchester United