Facundo Pellistri sends message after first under-23 goal
Facundo Pellistri says he is ‘ecstatic’ after scoring his first under-23 goal for Manchester United.
Pellistri signed for United in October and the 18-year-old is beginning to show why he was snapped up.
The youngster has been developing with the academy team while he adapts to English football on and a new culture off the pitch.
He is embracing the challenge. He scored his first goal in a 3-1 win over Southampton on Friday night.
Pellistri latched onto a pass for Shola Shoretire and stroked the ball calmly in at the near post.
It was the Uruguayan’s second goal contribution in his last three games, after his assist against Tottenham’s under-23s.
Pellistri hit the bar late on too, coming close to his second.
Anthony Elanga and Arnau Puigmal were also on target for United.
But this was Pellistri’s night. He is finding his feet and picking up confidence.
First team opportunities in 2021 beckon.
- Manchester United's next number 7: Dazzling Red Devils target is clear top candidate
- Cristiano Ronaldo won't be the only unhappy player at Manchester United, says Rio Ferdinand
- Manchester United in 'advanced talks' over second midfielder exit after Pereira, deal could be done in 24 hours
- Incoming Manchester United signing is like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, former teammate claimed
- La Liga expert says 'amazing player' will eventually join Manchester United
- £50m asking price for 23-year-old shows Manchester United have struck an absolute bargain
- Manchester United paperwork signed, 26-year-old set for medical ahead of exit announcement: Romano
- 6 Manchester United players we are most excited to see on pre-season tour
- Manchester United's potential second summer signing not expected on plane that departs for pre-season tour
- Manchester United submit £51m bid for six-time international that Ten Hag is desperate to sign
- Embarrassing: Harry Maguire 'liked' Cristiano Ronaldo post 'in error'
- Manchester United should have learned in 2019 that appeasing Ronaldo just won't be worth it
- Potential £40m signing should signal end of Harry Maguire captaincy at Manchester United
- Jurrien Timber sends message to Tyrell Malacia after Manchester United move confirmed
- 'Very exciting player'… Manager thrilled to snap up 21-year-old after Manchester United release
- Picture: Frenkie de Jong 'likes' agent's post on Tyrell Malacia confirmed Manchester United transfer