Filip Stevanovic has indicated that a reported transfer to Manchester United is happening.
The Serbian superkid posted a strong hint on Instagram of him in action against Manchester United, with the location of the post noting the location was Old Trafford.
This was a picture from when he featured for Partizan against United back in the Europa League group stages.
Stevanovic accompanied the message with a couple of emojis. This was his first post on Instagram for a month.
Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano was asked about the move on social media, whether the transfer was a done deal, to which he replied, ‘yes’.
What you need to know
Serbian newspaper Republika claimed this afternoon that Manchester United have struck a deal to sign the 17-year-old.
It is possible Stevanovic is sent back on loan to Partizan Belgrade next season, the report says.
This past season Stevanovic scored seven goals for Partizan, and has 42 first team appearances already.
Even if United have to wait an extra year before he joins, this is a move to get excited about.
The club have not been very good at springing surprise transfer deals, so lets give them credit here if this one comes off.
Next up we need players ready to make an immediate first team impact, but this is encouraging to see, so long as the deal goes through without a hitch.
- Four reasons for Manchester United to be optimistic
- Solskjaer tips Eric Bailly for big role in 2020/21
- Roma manager Paulo Fonseca offers update on Chris Smalling’s situation
- Manchester United wrong to blame supporters for negativity
- Max Taylor will be hoping for third time lucky as he looks for a loan club
- Solskjaer says he tried to pull Greenwood out of the England squad
- Solskjaer responds to transfers and Sancho speculation
- Teden Mengi is a genuine reason for United fans to be excited
- Is Anthony Martial the one player Manchester United cannot do without?