According to Serbian newspaper Republika, Manchester United are negotiating to sign Filip Stevanovic.
The report goes a little further than that really. It claims a 12 million Euros (£10 million) fee has been agreed in principle for the young winger.
As part of the negotiations, Stevanovic is expected to remain at Partizan Belgrade on loan for next season.
So who is the potential young signing? Here is a quick breakdown of what we need to know…
1) Stevanovic is 17-years-old and plays mainly as a left winger. He is a Serbia under-21 international.
2) He has already made 42 first team appearances for Partizan, scoring seven goals this season, while providing three assists.
3) Stevanovic played against Manchester United in both games for Partizan in the Europa League, coming on as a substitute at home and in the game at Old Trafford, where he played the final 20 minutes.
4) Partizan were said to be holding out for closer to 20 million Euros for Stevanovic, but are reported to be ready to cash in. Republika noted that it is not every day they get a phone call from Manchester United.
5) He’s very handy on Football Manager. Known as a hidden gem, many players of the game will be familiar with his outstanding potential, and cheaper price tag by comparison to the fee United are said to be paying.
Is this happening?
Right now this is just a rumour despite reports of an agreement. There is nothing official from either club.
Stevanovic is a bright prospect though and plays in a position where United need to strengthen.
Buying now and loaning him back may be preferable than waiting a year and paying extra, or bringing him in too soon and just giving him under-23 football.
United have dealt with Partizan previously, with a double deal for Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic, only one of which made it to Old Trafford.
Tosic is his teammate at Partizan and he may be able to help him prepare for what lies ahead if his move comes to fruition.
- Manchester United wrong to blame supporters for negativity
- Max Taylor will be hoping for third time lucky as he looks for a loan club
- Solskjaer says he tried to pull Greenwood out of the England squad
- Solskjaer responds to transfers and Sancho speculation
- Teden Mengi is a genuine reason for United fans to be excited
- Is Anthony Martial the one player Manchester United cannot do without?
- Should United consider Wilfried Zaha as an emergency option?
- Penarol holding out for offer from Manchester United for Facundo Pellistri
- Four questions for Solskjaer ahead of opening game of the season