According to Serbian newspaper Republika, Manchester United are negotiating to sign Filip Stevanovic.
The report goes a little further than that really. It claims a 12 million Euros (£10 million) fee has been agreed in principle for the young winger.
As part of the negotiations, Stevanovic is expected to remain at Partizan Belgrade on loan for next season.
So who is the potential young signing? Here is a quick breakdown of what we need to know…
1) Stevanovic is 17-years-old and plays mainly as a left winger. He is a Serbia under-21 international.
2) He has already made 42 first team appearances for Partizan, scoring seven goals this season, while providing three assists.
3) Stevanovic played against Manchester United in both games for Partizan in the Europa League, coming on as a substitute at home and in the game at Old Trafford, where he played the final 20 minutes.
4) Partizan were said to be holding out for closer to 20 million Euros for Stevanovic, but are reported to be ready to cash in. Republika noted that it is not every day they get a phone call from Manchester United.
5) He’s very handy on Football Manager. Known as a hidden gem, many players of the game will be familiar with his outstanding potential, and cheaper price tag by comparison to the fee United are said to be paying.
Is this happening?
Right now this is just a rumour despite reports of an agreement. There is nothing official from either club.
Stevanovic is a bright prospect though and plays in a position where United need to strengthen.
Buying now and loaning him back may be preferable than waiting a year and paying extra, or bringing him in too soon and just giving him under-23 football.
United have dealt with Partizan previously, with a double deal for Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic, only one of which made it to Old Trafford.
Tosic is his teammate at Partizan and he may be able to help him prepare for what lies ahead if his move comes to fruition.
- Solskjaer says United believe Will Fish could be a star
- Three things we want to see in Paul Pogba’s Amazon ‘Pogmentary’
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Granada
- Manchester United fans react to Jude Bellingham’s Champions League performance
- Three key questions as Declan Rice to Manchester United rumours grow stronger
- Brandon Williams will fancy his chances of rare game time for United tonight
- What channel is the Man Utd v Granada Europa League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Manchester United’s TikTok account releases light-hearted Cavani video after Tottenham controversy
- It’s easy to see why Harry Kane is reportedly interested in signing for Manchester United