Manchester United appear close to signing Barnsley youngster Tom Wooster.
Wooster posted a photo at Carrington wearing United training gear over the weekend.
Wooster is a goalkeeper who has represented England at under-15 level.
He was named as Barnsley’s academy player of the year in 2019/20, the club announced in July.
Barnsley academy boss Bobby Hassell told the club’s website at the time he had high hopes for Wooster.
He said: “Tom’s distribution from the goalkeeper position is as good as anything in the country for his age and, at 6’2, we have high hopes that he will go on in the coming years to come Barnsley’s number one goalkeeper.”
Wooster has previously trained with Barnsley’s under-23 side.
It appears from his picture as though he is now set to sign with United, which would be a blow for the Tykes.
Wooster will join United’s talented group of youngsters and most likely go into the under-16s rather than the under-18s.
In the summer United signed Radek Vitek to add to the under-18s group, and he has rotated with Johan Guadagno and Dermot Mee this season, with Ondrej Mastny stepping up the the under-23s.
The first team battle is another conversation, but that is a long way off.
It’s clear United are keen on signing the best young talent around and hoping the competition sees the best ones win out.
Wooster should be commended for his willingness to embrace the challenge.
- 'Didn't put a foot wrong': Manager praises 'outstanding' Manchester United loanee
- 'We knew': West Ham defender gives his verdict on Manchester United after last-gasp defeat
- 'Treading carefully': Manchester United loanee won't return until next month
- 'It doesn't matter how or who': Manchester United star sends passionate message to fans
- Rio Ferdinand mocks his brother after Manchester United beat West Ham
- 'He can go to the top': Manager tips 'unbelievable' Manchester United loanee to achieve big things
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Anthony Martial respond to teammate's 'Fergie time' message
- 'Amazing feeling'… Manchester United attacker says it was a dream to hear fans singing his name
- Manchester United star sets all-time Premier League record in Red Devils win
- Some Manchester United fans react to Anthony Martial's performance