Will Fish called into Manchester United first team training
Manchester United’s players have trained ahead of Thursday night’s Europa League quarter-final second leg at home to Granada.
As expected, there were a number of young players involved in the training session at Carrington, with United 2-0 up from the first leg.
One of these was young centre-back Will Fish. The teenager has been called up from the under-23s as extra depth, with Harry Maguire serving a suspension.
Who is Will Fish?
Fish, 18, has been regular for United’s under-23s this season, playing 17 times in PL2.
He has found the step up tricky at times, and at others he has coped well, providing an assist in the win over Southampton, but also getting sent off after just seven minutes against Brighton.
Normally Fish would be behind Teden Mengi in the pecking order but he is out on loan at Derby County.
It is still early stages in his development and United will hope next season is the one where he really kicks on and looks settled at under-23 level, with a full season under his belt.
It is unlikely Fish will start or see action off the bench, but he will be available in case of emergency.
Who else featured?
Amad Diallo and Shola Shoretire were both present in training and could feature. As was Anthony Elanga, who travelled to Spain last week. Hannibal Mejbri was not seen, however.
Juan Mata was also present, but there was no sign of Eric Bailly, who has been out after a Covid test. Bailly could yet return in tomorrow’s session.
Axel Tuanzebe was involved and he could start the game with Maguire suspended.
- Antony suggests he will be available if Erik ten Hag wants him in emotional Ajax video message, Timber comments
- Manchester United send message to Britain's first openly gay footballer since Justin Fashanu
- Report: Manchester United could sign prolific striker for just £51 million
- 5 clubs £40m valued Manchester United man could move to this summer
- Ten Hag issues young player warning after handing debuts to 22nd and 23rd academy players at Ajax
- Erik ten Hag responds when asked about potential Manchester United double deal
- 'He is a giant'… Erik ten Hag says he can't wait to work with Manchester United star
- 21-year-old Manchester United loanee wins fans player of the year
- New United boss Ten Hag picks out the one Ajax player he is 'extremely grateful' for
- 15-year-old whizkid Manchester United signed from Arsenal makes first under-18s start