Watford boss praises James Garner as one of most talented players in England
James Garner sealed his loan switch from Manchester United to Watford at the end of last week.
He made his debut for the Hornets just two days later, coming off the bench for the final 20 minutes in a 0-0 draw against Sheffield Wednesday.
Garner has a good chance of making his debut tonight (Tuesday 22) in the Carabao Cup against Newport County.
Ahead of that fixture, current Watford manager Vladimir Ivic had some high praise for the 19-year-old.
Ivic told his press conference, reported by Herts Live: “He is one of the most talented players in England.
“Everybody knows a lot of things about him – he’s coming from a big club and from a big academy.
“He is a quality player with the ball, he knows how to move the ball fast and he thinks fast which is very important.”
Time to adjust
There will be high hopes for Garner at Watford and his manager’s comments increase expectation for him.
While it is good to see he believes in him, supporters will need to be patient and not over react if he does not make an impact right away.
Garner may hit the ground running, but it could take him a few weeks to adjust to playing weekly Championship football.
This season is a tune-up year for him as he bids to get ready for the challenge at Manchester United next season. Succeeding at Watford is a must if he is going to do so.
It will be interesting to watch the progress of Watford’s new number 16 over the next season.
Manchester United loan exits 20/21
- Aliou Traore
SM Caen (season)
- Joel Pereira
Huddersfield Town (season)
- Andreas Pereira
- Diogo Dalot
AC Milan (season)
- Di’Shon Bernard
Salford City (until end of season)
- Jake Carney
- Ethan Laird
MK Dons (Jan to end of season)
- Jesse Lingard
West Ham (Jan to end of season)
- James Garner
Nottingham Forest (Jan to end of season)
- Tahith Chong
Club Brugge (Jan to end of season)
- Facundo Pellistri
Alaves (Jan to end of season)
- Teden Mengi
Derby (Jan to end of season)
- Dylan Levitt
NK Istra (Feb to end of season)
- Gary Neville gives his verdict on how he thinks Erik ten Hag will replace Cristiano Ronaldo at Manchester United
- Manchester United star injures player who made 14 appearances under Ten Hag in World Cup training session
- Alejandro Garnacho gives glowing two-word verdict on Manchester United star's World Cup performance
- Report: Manchester United now want to sign £52m midfielder who won at Old Trafford this season
- 'I could have left for United'… World Cup goalscorer speaks out about failed Old Trafford move
- Jude Bellingham and Wayne Rooney pay tribute to 'absolutely outstanding' Manchester United World Cup star
- Manchester United prospect scores the winner for his loan club during World Cup break
- 'Very proud': Manchester United coach pays tribute to Red Devils forward after his 'beautiful moment' at the World Cup
- Report: Manchester United now set to loan out defender who said he was open to January move