Manchester United transfer target Moises Caicedo may have played his final game for Independiente del Valle, TyC Sports report.
Caicedo was in action on Monday as IDV took on Maraca in the Ecuadorian Serie A.
The 19-year-old midfielder played 90 minutes as his side slipped to a 1-0 defeat.
This was IDV’s final game of 2020 and ended a run of five consecutive wins. The team sit in sixth position in the league.
United chasing Caicedo’s signature
The MEN reported this week how Manchester United are pursuing a deal for Caicedo and hope to sign him in January.
The club are optimistic he would get a work permit as he has featured in each of Ecuador’s last four World Cup qualifying matches, scoring one goal and providing three assists.
ESPN South America report: “Caicedo is characterized by being a classic ‘box to box’ midfielder, one of those with great dynamism in attack and defense, so it would not be surprising if his game perfectly matches what the Manchester Red Devils are asking for.”
You can read more about Caicedo in our factfile here, including his past quotes revealing that he dreams of playing for United.
MORE UNITED STORIES
BBC Sport South American football expert Tim Vickery had a favourable comment regarding Caicedo’s ability when asked.
World Football Index’s Simon Edwards had an even more glowing take on Caicedo.
All of this is very encouraging with a potential move appearing to be tilting in the right direction. There is nothing reliable enough to be classed as definitive to say a deal has been done yet, despite some speculation on social media.
All the signs look positive, and with Caicedo’s 2020 now wrapped up, his focus and that of his club will now be geared more towards resolving his future.
This would be a very shrewd signing for United if it comes off, with Caicedo among the top talents in South America in his age range, already mixing it at international level at 19.
United won’t rush him into the first team before he is ready, but will provide a pathway for him to feature if he is deemed good enough, early enough.
- Sofyan Amrabat sends message to Man Utd fans, Bruno Fernandes responds
- Ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s Manchester United display
- Erik ten Hag raves about new Man Utd signing after 1-0 win over Burnley, he went above and beyond
- Manchester United star produces a touch of absolute class and Rio Ferdinand was impressed
- Manchester United fans name man of the match v Burnley
- Manchester United fans are all saying the same thing as Hannibal shines v Burnley
- Rio Ferdinand names Man Utd star who impressed him, he responded ‘perfectly’
- Jonny Evans gives his instant reaction to first United start since his return to the club
- Gary Lineker’s instant reaction to Bruno Fernandes’ goal for Manchester United
- Five things learned as Manchester United beat Burnley 1-0