United stars send messages to Scott McTominay after two-goal performance
Scott McTominay’s first competitive game against Leeds United was a match he will never forget.
McTominay put United a goal up after two minutes and then doubled the team’s lead moments later.
For a team who had struggled to start games well, and score goals from open play at Old Trafford, McTominay’s contribution was exactly what was needed.
Although, if you had to predict a player before the game who would net twice in the opening four minutes, McTominay would not have been high up the list.
McTominay had only scored one goal prior this season, a header away at Brighton in the Carabao Cup back in late September.
McTominay’s double surprised his teammates a little. Bruno Fernandes sent him a message on Instagram admitting ‘football is strange’.
Marcus Rashford also sent a message to McTominay, hailing his efforts.
United’s players looked like they were having fun at Old Trafford, which we have not been able to say often this season.
Leeds played straight into our hands with their cavalier approach, but there was something impressive about the way the Red Devils dismantled them.
Centre-back duo Victor Lindelof and Harry Maguire both sent messages expressing how pleased they were and how they enjoyed the game.
United are up into third place now, with a game in hand. And this victory was good for our goal difference too.
The goal difference stands at +7, having looked very unhealthy early into the season courtesy of two home defeats. United are now back on track.
- Rangnick says 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid faces battle to play v Palace
- Rangnick's final XI: Predicted 4-3-3 Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace: 4 changes
- 'He can do everything'… Manchester United target can succeed where Red Devils star has struggled
- Dortmund sacking shows Manchester United have landed a real coup
- Rangnick says Manchester United star will miss training tomorrow and may not play vs Palace
- Dani Alves has given backing to Manchester United target with £340m release clause
- Manchester United still scouting wonderkid three years after Old Trafford trial, 2023 earliest deal possible
- 'It will not be long'… Patrick Kluivert raves about Manchester United linked Antony
- Lingard and Elanga lead reaction as young Manchester United striker announces departure
- Triple sale would be a ruthless way for Erik ten Hag to start Manchester United's summer