Manchester United moved nine points ahead of Liverpool with a win over Newcastle.
Marcus Rashford, Dan James and Bruno Fernandes (pen) scored United’s goals while Allan Saint-Maximin netted for Newcastle.
Here is a look at a handful of nuggets of information to take away from the game.
Marcus ties with Becks
Marcus Rashford scored Manchester United’s opening goal. It was his 18th of the season.
This was also his 85th career goal for United. It tied him level with David Beckham.
Rashford’s 85 goals came after 253 games. Beckham, a midfielder, did so in 394 appearances.
Harry Maguire with an assist
Rashford’s goal came courtesy of a moment of individual brilliance, after a ball played forward by Harry Maguire.
This was the second successive game a centre-back had provided an assist, following Eric Bailly setting up Dan James against Real Sociedad.
Maguire became the 18th Manchester United player this season to provide an assist.
James high five
Dan James is now up to five goals this season after his second half-strike.
These have all come since the November international break, in which he has five goals and one assist in eight appearances.
He is turning into a very useful squad player who deserves more opportunities than he has had during this 27-game span.
Shola Shoretire’s debut
Shola Shoretire came on for his Manchester United debut in the 89th minute.
Shoretire turned 17 just earlier this month. Courtesy of MrMujac on Twitter, he became the sixth youngest player in Manchester United’s history.
- United loanee Tahith Chong provides assist in Club Brugge win
- Harry Maguire raves about Luke Shaw’s performance
- Manchester United fans react to Anthony Martial’s performance
- Pep Guardiola praises United’s display
- Solskjaer says Shaw and Martial nearly did not start against City
- United fans react to Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s performance
- Dean Henderson draws praise from Graeme Souness
- Eric Bailly posts amusing message to Harry Maguire after United win
- Edwin van der Sar and Rio Ferdinand react to Manchester United’s win