It was a low-key January transfer window for Manchester United.
Amad Diallo was the only new arrival and the deal to sign him was sealed on the final day of the summer window.
Outgoings were more of a priority and Timothy Fosu-Mensah got the chance to kickstart his career with a move to Bayer Leverkusen.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer only gave him 109 minutes of action this season, but judging by the Dutchman’s interview with the Daily Mail, there are no hard feelings at all.
“Ole has been very good to me. I spoke with him because he had a big injury as a player so he knew exactly how I felt,” said Fosu-Mensah.
“When I played against Crystal Palace (in July) after 16 months out he was very happy for me. These were very good moments.
“He knew I had the quality. I have no bad things to say about him because he has been very good to me.
“But Bayer Leverkusen is a very nice club with tradition, good people and good players.”
Fosu-Mensah made just one start for United this season – on the opening day against Palace – but he has already trebled that total for Leverkusen.
His most recent league start came away from home versus RB Leipzig, against whom he made his final United appearance too.
Bayer went down 1-0, but he made three interceptions, a tackle and a block in an all-round defensive performance that was sturdier than United’s effort against Julian Nagelsmann’s side in December.
He faces competition at right back from another January arrival from one of Britain’s biggest clubs – countryman Jeremie Frimpong, formerly of Celtic.
Even so, Fosu-Mensah seems to have made an instant impression at a club with big ambitions.
They currently sit fifth in the Bundesliga; just six points back from second-placed Leipzig, and ahead of Borussia Dortmund who of course boast long-term United targets Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland.
Leverkusen could also provide United with competition in the Europa League, and face Swiss outfit Young Boys when the Round of 32 kicks off next week.
- Aurelien Tchouameni shows why Manchester United should be interested
- Kieran Trippier returns to training for Atletico Madrid
- Manchester United fans react to Lukaku to Chelsea reports
- Fred spotted back in Manchester United training
- Manchester United could net £5 million Romelu Lukaku sell-on fee
- Paul Pogba pictured back in Manchester United training
- Gary Neville praises Varane deal and comments on Manchester United title challenge
- Can Harry Kane hold out one more year for Manchester United move?
- Wan-Bissaka reportedly doing individual training programme after picking up injury